Hello from Tampa Bay

MarcW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello from Tampa Bay and north Pinellas County to be more exact...

Have an old system I cobbled together about 7-8 years ago currently consisting of various night owl, q-see and several other cams. We have a lot of camera loss here due to it being the lightning capital of the world (presumably), and I have a box full of several older q-see cams hit and melted to prove it. ;)

Its time to upgrade though, the quality of the video is showing its age and hope to create an overlay system of IP POE cams + BI in order to replace these cameras one at a time as budget permits.

thank you for this great information resource,

Marc

MarcW

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I will be doing my first post soon regaring advice replacing 4 very old analog bullet cams and one turrent cam with IP POE cams.
I realize this question has been asked many times before, but due to my limited budget, I may not be able to purchase the Dahua's that everyone here gushes about. :) Hope I don't get my head torn off with that first post

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I will be doing my first post soon regaring advice replacing 4 very old analog bullet cams and one turrent cam with IP POE cams.
I realize this question has been asked many times before, but due to my limited budget, I may not be able to purchase the Dahua's that everyone here gushes about. :) Hope I don't get my head torn off with that first post
Do you man, if your goal is to at least know what is going on get what fits your budget and go.