Hello from the Deep South Y'all

FancyNancy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Yankees! I am looking for a wireless camera to hide to catch a cheating husband! Something that will work in low light WITHOUT IR lights.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
You can start here if you want a great camera that will be the best under $500.

Also look at

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Deep south or not, you're looking for hens teeth or horse feathers. A "wireless" camera still needs a wire to supply power. At that point it's easier, and better to use a wired camera. A camera that will "see", reliably well, in the dark will set you back a few grand for the camera, another grand or so for a lens and a half grand for an enclosure to put it all into, plus it needs some power to operate and a network connections as well.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Like I said, hens teeth and horse feathers. Don't believe everything you see on TV or in the movies.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You can probably power that with the hot air in those specs. A 1/3 sensor is not going to work at low/no light which makes the LUX ratings more than questionable. The bottom line is that you are looking for something that exists only in the movies and on TV where the special effects department does the work with real cameras that cost hundreds of thousands.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
No because I am a realist with a little experience with the advertising hype on video cameras not delivering in the actual product. Seriously, don't you think if what you're looking for was available that anyone would go to the trouble, and expense, of install cameras that cost well over $100 and are wired and use infrared light to see in low and no light situations plus set up a protected network with a recording device for those cameras?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Look into a GoPro. Light, small, battery powered,, good resolution, although I have no experience with its low light performance. Its also waterproof, which may or may not be needed in this application. :wtf:

I have an old Hero5 that I am happy with.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You just need a pinhole lens with a Wifi board camera, to hide inside a “you named” devices (clock, outlet, toy, etc.). No IR needed, unless someone (the guy) enter your property in total darkness, you will be able to catch the perpetrator, no need for details.

FancyNancy

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.