Hello from UK on Windows 10

DCee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Just saying Hello and noting that I'm running BlueIris very happily under Windows 10 Preview.
David

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. How do you like Win 10 so far?

DCee

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I actually quite like Windows 10, it's wayyyy better than 8.1 (let's not mention 8.0). A few things I haven't worked out yet, such as how to stop the Windows Search from searching the internet by default - always searches local and web.
The preview is behaving well, no crashes so far but you have to live with the occasional reboot for the updates.
I'm using the Enterprise version as I need RDP to work (no monitor permanently attached) and have it running in on a tiny Intel NUC i5 box which is a wonderful bit of kit.
As I mentioned, the first use for this box is to run BlueIris, only a couple of cams so far but copes far better than the 'spare' pc I was running it on (and much much quieter).
Before I found BlueIris I was having fun getting CCTV alert emails out using GeniusVision so I started using hMailServer on the same host, this works very well and means I have no worries about being blocked as a spammer by sending all these emails through sombod's SMTP server. I'll keep this running with BI.
D