Hello - Got my first camera in my setup, looking to expand and learn

IILLIILLII

n3wb
Reaction score
So, Hi! I lurked, read and researched. So far, I purchased an LTS Camera CMIP3142W-28S for the porch and I am planning to get another camera for the driveway with plans for an additional two. I'd like to record and remotely monitor the cameras and Blueiris seems like a nice solution. The issue is processing power and quality of the recordings. I read it's req'd that I use a Haswell CPU but I figure I'd try using an embeded motherboard with an Atom C2750 and see how it performs. I don't have room for a WD Purple in my case, only 2.5" space is available, so I bought a WD AV-25 1 TB. It's supposed to be designed for streaming and DVR use. BlueIris will be running in HyperV Jail with a devoted HD. Biggest Mistake made so far: I bought the wrong POE Switch - the Ubiquiti ToughSwitch. It had name recognition and recommendation but didn't support the 802.3af standard. I should have known better and verified since Ubiquiti has been proprietary in it's offerings in the past. Oh well. Yup...Hi

Reaction score
Good to know about the Ubiquity...it's in my "need to buy this" list and will get moved to "need to figure this out" list! Did you replace your PoE switch yet?

sealfab

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry to hear, you probably got the TS-5-POE which is 24 volt and only works with certain ubiquity products and some ip phone. TS-8 is the a great switch and the model you need.