Hello, total newb here!!

IPcameror

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I did my first set-up installed 3x Dahua ipc-hdwb1435ep, connected LAN directly to the router(LTE-SIM card connected), power supply is 12v. Everything works perfectly fine( web UI, smartPPS, recording on microSD,) but when I try to remotely connect it with gDMSS Plus app with P2P(correctly added password and etc.) it says "connection failure", I know this is very frequently asked question but almost everybody had issue in DHCP or P2P but I have everything online and turned on so I'm little bit lost. I tried address reservation and different things directly in my router advanced settings but nothing seems to work. Maybe I should try VPN connection which is more secure but still I don't know why it doesn't work this way. Thanks for response guys

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible that because the LTE cellular modem employs CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation) and therefore no public IP is available, meaning that there's no direct connection to the Internet?

IPcameror

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting idea, maybe yes, how can i overcome this problem except with changing router or LTE ? Because I don't have possibility of fiber or another type of wired connection.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting idea, maybe yes, how can i overcome this problem except with changing router or LTE ? Because I don't have possibility of fiber or another type of wired connection.
An excerpt from ==>> "Carrier-Grade NAT/Large-Scale NAT" :

"...You can check whether you’re on a CGN network by visiting a Web site such as ipaddress.com or whatsmyip.com and comparing the IP address listed to the public/WAN IP address assigned to your Internet gateway. To find your gateway’s public IP address, check the status page in the administrative interface. If the two IP addresses differ, you’re likely on a CGN network. If so, you will have trouble establishing Screens connections to the network in question, but it may be possible to request a static IP address from your ISP to avoid connectivity issues."​

My only comment to the above, should you decide you have to contact your ISP, is to insure you can get a "public" IP from them, the fact that it may or not be "static" is not the issue.