Hello World

vladkatz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!

My setup includes a Lorex Fusion N910 with four PoE cams (the Costco set), a Lorex doorbell, and now four cheap Cinnado D1 indoor cams.
After I gave up on connecting the doorbell on a different subnet to my NVR (spent hours with Lorex tech support), the next challenge came -
Once successfully connected the D1, the NVR duplicates each channel. Removing one of the duplicates removes both channels.

If anyone can point me to useful material or provide some guidance, it would be highly appreciated!
Also, being new here, what would be the appropriate forum for these connectivity troubleshooting issues?

Last, those D1 have a terribly narrow picture angle.
Any suggestions for a fish-eye budget-friendly ONVIF compatible wifi alternative?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all!

My setup includes a Lorex Fusion N910 with four PoE cams (the Costco set), a Lorex doorbell, and now four cheap Cinnado D1 indoor cams.
After I gave up on connecting the doorbell on a different subnet to my NVR (spent hours with Lorex tech support), the next challenge came -
Once successfully connected the D1, the NVR duplicates each channel. Removing one of the duplicates removes both channels.

If anyone can point me to useful material or provide some guidance, it would be highly appreciated!
Also, being new here, what would be the appropriate forum for these connectivity troubleshooting issues?

Last, those D1 have a terribly narrow picture angle.
Any suggestions for a fish-eye budget-friendly ONVIF compatible wifi alternative?

Thanks!
Welcome @vladkatz

setup : Lorex Fusion N910 with four PoE cams (the Costco set), a Lorex doorbell, and now four cheap Cinnado D1 indoor cams.
reply : looks like a 8 channel nvr with 9 cameras .. expect you to only see 8 total if the NVR has enough bandwidth

question : what did you need to do to get the Cinnado D1 cameras setup on the NVR .. I did not see any ONVIF info in the Amazon page of the vendor ..

NVR kit .. in question .. Lorex Fusion
( looks like Number of Channels8 Channel )

1709226432232.png
1709226774188.png

CInnado D1 camera

1709226899039.png

Attachments

vladkatz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @mat200, all correct.

The Connado support ONVIF. However, the way I did it is first connected to their native app to assign an IP. Then I was able to import to NVR.
However, when I remove them from their native app, they lose all their configuration and, subsequently connection to the network.

I will try configuring it all behind a firewall and then just blocking WAN access for the cameras.
Hopefully that will keep my info within the NVR and away from the 3rd party recorder app, without them losing configuration.

q1: Is there something I am missing though? Is it commonly required to use a 3rd party app to enable ONVIF?

4 cameras are identified as 8:
2 and 3 seem similar
4 and 5 seem similar
8 and 9 seem similar
10 and 11 seem similar

1709321322679.png

If I try to remove 2 or 3 from the NVR devices list its pair is deleted as well.

When I export the cam config, I see just 4 cams:
1709321261599.png

q2: Why could this be happening? Is there a way to merge chennals?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @mat200, all correct.

The Connado support ONVIF. However, the way I did it is first connected to their native app to assign an IP. Then I was able to import to NVR.
However, when I remove them from their native app, they lose all their configuration and, subsequently connection to the network.

I will try configuring it all behind a firewall and then just blocking WAN access for the cameras.
Hopefully that will keep my info within the NVR and away from the 3rd party recorder app, without them losing configuration.

q1: Is there something I am missing though? Is it commonly required to use a 3rd party app to enable ONVIF?

4 cameras are identified as 8:
2 and 3 seem similar
4 and 5 seem similar
8 and 9 seem similar
10 and 11 seem similar

View attachment 188240

If I try to remove 2 or 3 from the NVR devices list its pair is deleted as well.

When I export the cam config, I see just 4 cams:
View attachment 188239

q2: Why could this be happening? Is there a way to merge chennals?
hmmm .. interesting problem and thanks @vladkatz

Channels I don't think there is a way to merge them in the Dahua OEM NVR configuration ..