Hello

ryder12

n3wb
Reaction score
Burned buying junk cameras for moms. I've decided to to a real system and start with a couple an IP camera and a couple wifi cameras for indoor. I plan on moving in about a year and I want to be able to reuse this equipment for a camera system for my shop and a few rooms in the house. I need knowledge, recommendations and was direct here form a well known AR 15 forum. I curse my daughter ( well once ) for giving me a ring door bell. I tried the ring indoor cameras today and they are junk imo. Especially at night. The ring door bell wanted and wifi connection all it's own to function correctly. I am not impressed.

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

If you spend some time here you will find wifi is poorly regarded for many reasons. Read the cliff notes and establish a budget is a good start.

Personally I am a fan of Dahua cameras/EmpireTech Rebrands and Blue Iris. I originally planned on Hikvision and a NVR but a lot of research and forum input steered me to BI and Dahua.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome!

A trusted model is the 5442 series sold by a member here Andy @EMPIRETECANDY on his Amazon and AliExpress stores.

It has been the standard for several years now and will certainly still be the right camera when you move.

Take a look at this thread that shows the importance of focal length over MP to get the right camera for IDENTIFY purposes. These camera recommendations in the thread (along with links to how to purchase them from Andy above) represent the best value in terms of cost and performance day and night. Further there are no recurring fees like your Rings LOL. And these do not require an internet connection to work.