Help/Advice

paulku

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am in Australia and been following this great forum for the last few weeks. I am not a techie(has basic knowledge of computers), but a DIYer, who likes to try things myself. Was thinking of getting a surveillance system for our new house. Am fine with laying Cat 6 cables; but am struggling to make a decision re the Camera and NVR(decided to go for NVR rather than computer/Blue Iris).

Finally thought this might be an OK system
for camera - eight of these 2CD2335-I - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Multi-language-Full-HD-V5-3-3-1080P-CCTV-Camera-DS-2CD2335-I-With-30m-IR/319147_32464044170.html

(query - should I go for 4mm for all of them or a mixture of 6mm and 4mm; or should I go for a different camera? (two of the cameras are looking at 6 x 6metre area) and another one is onto main living room 8 x 6 metre)

Next question is re purchase- Was considering the ali-express Xinray site- is that OK?
Re NVR they have advertised two NVRs - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DS-7608N-E2-8P-Network-NVR-with-8CH-8POE-HD-5MP-for-IP-Camera-Network-Video/319147_32649156980.html
and this one - http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bVLxutqY
both are same model; but one is an Original Overseas model.

Query - is this NVR compatible with the above mentioned camera?
- Is there any point in going for the expensive Original Overseas NVR model, if there is no point in upgrading the firmware in future that in so doing, I may brick the Chinese patched HiK cameras? Or is there an advantage in buying that Original Overseas NVR model.

I am sorry in troubling you all; but if someone could help me, that would be very helpful and great.
Thanks in advance.
Paul

Optik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am in Australia

Query - is this NVR compatible with the above mentioned camera?
- Is there any point in going for the expensive Original Overseas NVR model, if there is no point in upgrading the firmware in future that in so doing, I may brick the Chinese patched HiK cameras? Or is there an advantage in buying that Original Overseas NVR model.
Paul
You know the score with the Chinese cameras? Firmware problems... Same for NVR...
If you want easier life, get localized cameras and units. I did to avoid firmware compatibility.

Without knowing what you are keeping an "eye on", no one can recommend you the lenses.

You chosen NVR does not support H265 or H264+, so you might want to review your choice here.

I got 7608NI I2/8P. You want newer NVR.

Any HiKvision PoE camera is compatible with any PoE HikVision NVR.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You know the score with the Chinese cameras? Firmware problems... Same for NVR...
If you want easier life, get localized cameras and units. I did to avoid firmware compatibility.

Without knowing what you are keeping an "eye on", no one can recommend you the lenses.

You chosen NVR does not support H265 or H264+, so you might want to review your choice here.

I got 7608NI I2/8P. You want newer NVR.

Any HiKvision PoE camera is compatible with any PoE HikVision NVR.
Well my fav camera and the supplier is trust worthy, those run on 50hz not 60hz if it makes any difference to you. I run what I believe is at 50hz and no issues here in Canada. The specs say both and they may be both but supplier customer service cant really answer me. I would buy Blue Iris and the app for phones. The NVR I believe you need the N not NI as I heard they may make them region specific in future on the NI which may bugger your cameras but not positive on that and definately get 264 version. I suggest at 8 feet and lower I like 2.8mm lens although this is a very general opinion. The 4mm is a good overall camera in the 8-14 foot range which gives about same view at that range for me anyway. So you can always buy 2 4mm and 2 2.8mm and try them out, inside I use 2.8 and works on my rooms well. Also download the Blue Iris trial version free and try it. The frames per second effect your cpu pretty good on BI as it does not use video card power I come to understand. I run cat5e and UV rated just don't buy CCA or copper clad aluminum so check the specs adnnd dont trust when it says solid. I would buy a box as more is better so I bought 1500 ft and I have run 7 cameras so far.Just my 2 cents I am no pro by any stretch just a guy with an interest for home and my cottage use.