Help again! Blue Iris keep crashing...

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Please help!

my Blue Iris 4 was running smoothly, after added another camera "Foscam FI8602", I changed the souces from " foscam - FI86xx/98xx" under the drop list to "Generis RTSP HTTP tunneled" because the FI86xx/98xx is not working in B.I.4 but work at B.I.3, after that my BI4 crashed.

A message popped out after I try to restart the BI4, it said "Blue Iris VIdeo Security and WebCam Software has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." then I have to force close the program again.

After couple of tries, I can get to the interface, I saw a popup message said I can update B.I.4 to 4.3.3 then crash again with the same message above. it is the reason to cause my BI4 keep crashing?

Now I cannot get into the user interface, so I cannot delete the FI8610 camera as well to see if this is the reason to cause this issue.

Any expert can show some love and help me out please if you know what's going and how to fix it?

Thank you.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Just curious...what if I reinstall blue iris, do my Key code still work like I reinstall window? I know this question is stupid but I cant afford to buy another B.I. atm...LoL

Peter

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make a copy of your Blueiris reg files (Settings>Export Settings) If you can't get in don't worry
Go into your registry and look for the following "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras" you should see a list of all your cameras.
Delete the key for the camera that is causing you problems, load Blueiris again and all should be working.

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Make a copy of your Blueiris reg files (Settings>Export Settings) If you can't get in don't worry
Go into your registry and look for the following "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras" you should see a list of all your cameras.
Delete the key for the camera that is causing you problems, load Blueiris again and all should be working.
Ya it works again! Thank you...
Now I have to find out how to get my foscam FI8602 work in my BI4...

Thank you

Peter