[Help] - Cannot use SMTP on my HFW5442T-ASE (Loryta IPC-B5442T-ASE) but can use on my NVR...

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What NVR do you have and which firmware version are you using on your NVR?

There was a firmware update to get SMTP working.
Heyy. For my DHI-NVR408-8P-4KS2 firmware, I'm currently using firmware V4.000.0000001.3

Hope this helps

P.S. Just to clarify. SMTP email has been configured in the NVR and got a pass in the test. However, IVS/Motion detection does not send emails of image/video recordings...

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is what I have:

On my cameras, I have the smtp information set to default and each "IVS" (under event) has both "Send Email" and "Snapshot" checked.
On the NVR, for each channel and each IVS, I have "Send Email" checked. v4 software has it under AI, and then parameters. (This should be checked already if your camera is set, but sometimes it acts odd. Either click the "refresh" button on that page or manually check it.)

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is what I have:

On my cameras, I have the smtp information set to default and each "IVS" (under event) has both "Send Email" and "Snapshot" checked.
On the NVR, for each channel and each IVS, I have "Send Email" checked. v4 software has it under AI, and then parameters. (This should be checked already if your camera is set, but sometimes it acts odd. Either click the "refresh" button on that page or manually check it.)
Hey Pride,

Thnx for the quick reply.

For my camera(s), on their SMTP page, I reverted them back to default by pressing that default button.

For the NVR, I have SMTP checked as you suggested and entered the details. However, now I am getting "connection failed". Please see screenshot.

EDIT: Heres the correct configuration I just did for SMTP in the NVR. Configuration with test = Success :D. However, still no IVS sent to email...
suc.png

Last edited:

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thats not the SMTP page, thats FTP
Hey Biggie,

Woops. My bad haha. Heres the correct configuration I just did for SMTP in the NVR. Configuration with test = Success :D. However, still no IVS sent to email... Tagging @usaf_pride to update him/her on this matter. Look forward to more cooperation to get this issue fixed. Feel free to suggest.

Screenshot:
suc.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
In the built in PoE NVRs I don’t set anything for events in the NVR. Make all IVS settings in the camera. Check the box that says email and you should be good. The problem isn’t the NVR

What FW do you have on the camera?

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the built in PoE NVRs I don’t set anything for events in the NVR. Make all IVS settings in the camera. Check the box that says email and you should be good. The problem isn’t the NVR

What FW do you have on the camera?
Hey biggie,

Thanks for the quick response.

I also cannot see any tabs that say events for the NVR...been searching for the last 20mins...haha.

Yup, all my cameras have IVS enabled along with it's setup and tripwiring etc. Also, for my cameras, all their IVS has the send email checked.

Sadly, the IVS triggers do not send me any emails (snapshots/clip video records). However, only the email testing and health testing works.

My camera firmwares are:

* v.2.800.0000000.10.R - IPC-HFW2831-ZS
* v.2.800.0000000.2.R - HFW5442T-ASE (Loryta IPC-B5442T-ASE)

Look forward to hearing back from you guys :D.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
*Additional*

Hey again @bigredfish

Just wondering, for your cameras under network > SMTP, did you make any changes? P.S. I'm referring to this
Cause I seriously think this might be the culprit/reason why my SMTP isn't working for IVS triggers from my camera. I agree that the NVR is not the culprit since SMTP configuration there seems to be success but just the cameras STMP setup always unsuccessful....

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update: Tried changing DNS, reset camera, swapping router/modem and the issue still there :( .

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t use Yahoo

I set up the smtp settings in the cameras themselves same as on the NVR

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don’t use Yahoo

I set up the smtp settings in the cameras themselves same as on the NVR
Okay. I see. I use Yahoo for the storage. I have a few days ago tried Gmail but still the camera won't register it's SMTP...

I'm really happy that I am able to successfully setup SMTP for the NVR but I cannot set it up for the camera. The reason I need to set it up for the camera is to receive IVS trigger emails. Do you have any more tips on fixing this issue? or should I go ahead and PM @EMPIRETECANDY ? ;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are your camera SMTP settings EXACTLY like those on the NVR?
Show us your screen and IVS scfreen

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are your camera SMTP settings EXACTLY like those on the NVR?
Show us your screen and IVS scfreen
Yup, they most certainly are :D .

I'l screenshot both the Camera and NVRs SMTP screen along with the IVS screen for the camera. I'l choose the 4MP Cam to use for this. Give me a few mins to get the screenies. Won;t be long.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You’re sure the IVS is activating? Guy see the line turn red when something passes by it?

My firmware is V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You’re sure the IVS is activating? Guy see the line turn red when something passes by it?

My firmware is V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18
Yep, the IVS sure is activating. Been getting a lot of iDMSS Pro notifcations on my iPhone regarding my IVS (when someone crossed my tripwire) movements. IVS sure is reliable (good job Dahua :D ). Though, Not too sure why it is only able to notify me via iDMSS pro ios app but isn't sending me SMTP emails :(.

Screenies:
WIRE.png
finalone.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a non technical point here, it's advisable to redo your screenshots with your email blurred out. Otherwise you'll probably make a spammers list and it will be sold around the world.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm I'll have ti sleep on that... cant think why it woldnt connect unless there is a port/DNS issue....

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a non technical point here, it's advisable to redo your screenshots with your email blurred out. Otherwise you'll probably make a spammers list and it will be sold around the world.
ah right. thanks for the heads up. I'l definitely do the blurring out the email when I get back.