[Help] - Cannot use SMTP on my HFW5442T-ASE (Loryta IPC-B5442T-ASE) but can use on my NVR...

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's the address range that your router and PC and any other LAN-connected devices use.
So if your router/gateway is, say, 192.168.1.1 the address range is likely to be 192.168.1.x where x is between 2 and 254
So I'm on Control Panel > network and internet > network and sharing center > click on my wifi SSID connection on the right side > Details : This reveals my network connection details such as ipv4 address, ipv4 subnet mask and ipv4 default gateway abd dhcp server and dns servers etc.

Whatever is on the "ipv4 default gateay" which is currently 192.168.182.1, do I modify the ip cameras to make it like that range?

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's the address range that your router and PC and any other LAN-connected devices use.
So if your router/gateway is, say, 192.168.1.1 the address range is likely to be 192.168.1.x where x is between 2 and 254
Hey Ali,

Long time no talk,

I've finally just changed my cameras ip in the range used on the LAN with NVR and Cameras factory resetted. It took a few attempts to get this done as I'm still a beginner on this networking stuff but glad it managed to change ip.

However, the bad news is, I am still unable to use the SMTP email on the camera. It won't pass the test still and also triggers like IVS and motion detection don't trigger a action to send email notifcations..

Look forward to hearing back from you. Thnx

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update: I've also noticed that my time is correct. Even when manually editing the time, it won't remain saved... oh and I'm not gettting any timezone for GMT only UTC...

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Good news: SMTP is now working. Looks like outlook is only the acceptable email (compared to Gmail and Yahoo),.

However, I don't know how to get the Dahua NVR to send videos. It is currently only sending photos. May I get someone to help me on this? Thnx