HELP! cant access from config tool

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
hey guys, we just moved into our new house and installed my cameras. I configured the cameras at our apartment before we moved (heeding the advice of another member) in order to verify there were not any issues with the cameras. now when I attempt to access the cameras, they wont load. config tool finds the camera (ipaddress) but wont connect. any idea where my issue may lay? besides my lack of networking knowledge. ;-)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cable issues? You need to provide more infrastructure details to get the help you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I configured the cameras at our apartment before we moved (heeding the advice of another member)
Being that I am that 'another member', I must ask ...have you checked those things that I said in that post that could possibly change?

Last edited:

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
the cameras show up with the previously assigned ip address in config tool. when I try to access it via the ip address, it says "webpage not found". I have plugged the caneras directly to the poe switch with the sane result. I don't feel its a cabling issue.

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
Being that I am that 'another member', I must ask ...have you checked those things that I said in that post that could possibly change?
I will hunt and peck through these things to see if they may be the problem.

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
I will hunt and peck through these things to see if they may be the problem.
I'm still not able to access the cameras via config tool. it sees the cameras but wont load the page. I tried changing the ip address, subnet mask, gateway... no luck

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Like @TonyR kinda said in that other topic. Maybe your pc is in another subnet as your camera's. Check if the ip adress of your pc has the same first 3 numbers as your camera's. For example 192.168.1.*. If it's not the same, change it to the same range as your camera's. After that you want to change it on all your cams and at last change back your pc.

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you initialize the camera's with the config tool? (Download toolbox)

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS! I got it to work, blue iris up and running! thanks for the help! but I think I screwed one of them up... one of my cameras kept disconnecting so I attempted to change the port from 80. now I cant access it :(

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS! I got it to work, blue iris up and running! thanks for the help! but I think I screwed one of them up... one of my cameras kept disconnecting so I attempted to change the port from 80. now I cant access it :(
Maybe do hard reset on the cam. Then initialize again.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After you follow @Guido87 's advice about the 1 cam, please let us know what you did to get BI and the rest of the cams going....reciting your successful steps is key to improvement in the understanding of any concept; in this case, 'simple networking'.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One important step in networking....if you don't understand what a setting or port change does, then don't do it.
Always use the KISS principle.

FYI: You don't "need" the ipconfig tool. Use a compatible browser and just input the cam's IP address.

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One important step in networking....if you don't understand what a setting or port change does, then don't do it.
Always use the KISS principle.

FYI: You don't "need" the ipconfig tool. Use a compatible browser and just input the cam's IP address.
New cams you first have to initialize with toolbox(configtool) otherwise you can't acces. Smartpss can find a not initialized cam... you can add it to with admin/admin, but you can't do anything with it. The cam is blocked... with initialize you have to change the admin password, after this procedure the cam is unlocked.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New cams you first have to initialize with toolbox(configtool) otherwise you can't acces. Smartpss can find a not initialized cam... you can add it to with admin/admin, but you can't do anything with it. The cam is blocked... with initialize you have to change the admin password, after this procedure the cam is unlocked.
I'm very well aware of that, but using ANY browser can accomplish the same, you don't NEED the config tool, it's optional.
Using the default IP of 192.168.1.108, and admin/admin, it will pop right up and ask you to change to a strong password, do that, and your in.