Help choose the right system

Reaction score
Hi all!

( First sorry for bad english :) )

I want setting up a Dahua surveillance system at my house & small shop!

Here are the details:
A small shop, with 2 indoor + 2 outdoor cams.
Inside: one for the shop area, and one for cash register. Only here the additional mic is important.
Outside: shop area, one left, and one right. Some twilight at night (closed 21:00 PM :) )

First, but no last, for this year +1 cam needed for gate (house) later I need more cams courtyard, etc.) I thing starlight better...(?)

This is my other thread, NVR for 8x4Mpixel cameras
searching a good NVR for 4mpixel cameras. BUT..! I checked the dahua Starlight thread, and I noticed, the starlight feature only available in 2mpixel, not 4, and maybe(?) at night, the 2mpixel better than 4, because same cmos sizes?? So, I realy need 4mpixel?

If I choose 2mpixel cams, the cheapest NVR is enough (with max. 80mbit) and I buy better cams (starlight)?

So, what cameras I need to be used in the shop indoor, and in my house & shop outdoor?
I welcome all suggestions!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I were you I would get

NVR1104-4P PoE 4-channel NVR
2x HDW5231R-Z outdoors
1x HDW1220S (or HDW4300S set to 2MP) indoors
1x HDW4300C set to 2MP for cashier (it's the only 2MP I know with microphone built in sorry)
4TB WD Purple HDD (I'd rather spend savings on a larger HDD)

That's as cheap as you can go but get starlight for outdoors.

Actually despite that being "cheap" it's miles better than most installs and "installer" would offer.

Also - do not run 4MP cameras at 2MP. Just don't do it.\

the 2mpixel better than 4, because same cmos sizes??
No, is more than just that. Don't read klasipca's old posts about that where you can see me disagree about it. Since been proven wrong conclusively by nayr (thanks nayr!)

Reaction score
No, is more than just that. Don't read klasipca's old posts about that where you can see me disagree about it. Since been proven wrong conclusively by nayr (thanks nayr!)[/QUOTE]

I cant find the conversation. So the conclusion is?
It's good inside & outside 2x4m turret + 2mpixel starlight to the house wall (gate check)?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Indoor ones use IPC-HDW4431EM-AS with Audio and add a PFM141 to perfect the audio. 4MP
Also can use IPC-HDW4231F-AS too. 2MP starlight~
Outdoor can use IPC-HDW5231R-Z 2mp Motorized Starlight~
NVR use a NVR4108-P-4KS2 with 4 POE ports and can support H265~

Reaction score
Indoor ones use IPC-HDW4431EM-AS with Audio and add a PFM141 to perfect the audio. 4MP
Also can use IPC-HDW4231F-AS too. 2MP starlight~
Outdoor can use IPC-HDW5231R-Z 2mp Motorized Starlight~
NVR use a NVR4108-P-4KS2 with 4 POE ports and can support H265~
Thanks for tips, check mail :)