Help choosing the right Dahua 4K NVR

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I could really use some help figuring out which NVR I should buy. The differing models are absolutely boggling my mind as they all seem so similar. I am definitely planning on going with the Dahua PC-HDW5231R-Z turrets (when they become available). I am planning on starting with 4 cameras and build gradually from there. I would like to purchase a 16 channel for future expansion.

I would like to get POE on board for simplicity but I will go with a switch if cost is considerably cheaper going that route. Could you please help point me in the right direction? It would be great appreciated.

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score

catgut66

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow! Thank you! That is a huge difference in price. The only thing that scares me a little is the disclaimer. Do they mean cameras other than Dahua branded cameras might not work? Motion capture is definitely important to me.
***Third Party IP Camera ONVIF Motion recording might not fully support

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
***Third Party IP Camera ONVIF Motion recording might not fully support
This is no different with any manufacture - anytime you go with an NVR solution and mix match manufacture cameras/nvr you run the risk of this. This is one of the advantages of BI according to those that use it.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
This is straight forward.

Option 1: 16 channel with 16 POE ports (You can connect a total of 16 cameras directly to this NVR)
Option 2: 32 channel with 16 POE ports (You can connect a total of 16 cameras directly to this NVR and have another 16 connected to a switch on the same network for a total of 32 viewable/recordable cameras on this NVR)

noquarter

n3wb
Reaction score
This is straight forward.

Option 1: 16 channel with 16 POE ports (You can connect a total of 16 cameras directly to this NVR)
Option 2: 32 channel with 16 POE ports (You can connect a total of 16 cameras directly to this NVR and have another 16 connected to a switch on the same network for a total of 32 viewable/recordable cameras on this NVR)
Yah, I understand the one I linked. I just don't understand compared to the one you and the other guy linked. That's where the confusion comes in. I can look at the same model and figure out the variations of that model, I just can't compare different models, or different brands. I'm completely new to this, I just figured on going with that model I linked and grabbing two New Dahua MINI PTZ 4x optical zoom IR Distance up to 30m SD29204T GN with LOGO replace for SD29204S GN,free DHL shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group I didn't want to start buying a lot of camera's or investing a lot until I got a firm grip on what I was doing.

I ended up having to cancel my order, I guess he raised the price of each item 10 bucks, right as I placed order. So whenever I tried to pay, it kept saying there was an issue with card, CC company couldn't even get it to work. The lady tried 4 times and even pre-authorized it. then, after I cancelled, I seen the price had went up. Ah well, just gave me a few extra days of researching. I dunno if that's good or bad though ;)

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The links above are all dead now. Would anyone be able to link me to a current 16ch POE 4k Dahua NVR suitable for my home - cheaper the better of course!