Help! dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A camera language!

Ctaylor80

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys new user here an worried!

Got a new cam as above, long story short i think ive screwed something up...locked myself out the cam, telnet in, cleared the param on it...now im in the cam an it all in chinese! No english menus nothing!

I think ive erased all factory settings and the english files!!!! So now its always in chinese!

Can this be changed back???? Or do i have to live with it...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My HDW4431C-A did not revert to chinese when I erased the config and backup partitions, how exactly did you "cleared the param on it"?
Did you check if you have an option to change the language in the settings? The language files are on the custom partition (SquashFS is read only) so you can not modify it, unless you erased it completly...

To restore it back to english you could use my custom firmware: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13591-Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit-Modded-Dahua-Firmware

Ctaylor80

n3wb
Reaction score
My HDW4431C-A did not revert to chinese when I erased the config and backup partitions, how exactly did you "cleared the param on it"?
Did you check if you have an option to change the language in the settings? The language files are on the custom partition (SquashFS is read only) so you can not modify it, unless you erased it completly...

To restore it back to english you could use my custom firmware: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13591-Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit-Modded-Dahua-Firmware
you sir are a legend!!!! flashed the new firmware and its back to normal!!!!!!!!

cannot thank you enough!!!

Jude201186

n3wb
Reaction score

To restore it back to english you could use my custom firmware: Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware
@cor35vet ,Good day can you help me ?