Help: Ethernet Cables Not Working - Cat5e vs Swann Ethernet

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
It's funny I'm willing to spent hundreds of dollars on one camera but feeling like I'm getting robbed for 2 field termination plugs at the price of $11-17.
I'm halfway through my second batch of 100 RJ45s, 150x$5= $750. That is less than I've spent on cameras.

Reaction score
Having a very frustrating problem with new Swann system.
Problem: My ethernet cables DO NOT work with the camera, but the cables that came with the unit do.

Notes:
1. I personally ran Cat5e cables throughout my house and have an ethernet tester which I confirmed cables were wired correctly. (4 pairs, 8 wires out to each RJ45 connector)
2. Cameras are all PoE (Power over Ethernet).
3. Swann Ethernet cables that came with unit work.
4. The camera gets warm when I use my cables installed but camera does not turn on or send video.
5. My 8 wire cable is shorter than the cable than theirs.
6. Their cable has only 4 wires (2 orange in slots 1&2 - 2 Green in Slots 3&6) - Picture attached.

I wired my house before walls were finished so it's not really an option to rewire house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Camera: NHD-1200BE

Amazon link to whole system here
I just joined this forum in order to say, THANK YOU. Thank you for posting about the Swann Poe Cameras. I have the NVR8580 with 4K bullet cameras and I could not find any information on wiring specs for wiring my own cables. It's very suspicious of Swann to not provide that info. I did what you did, I ran new cat6 cables without terminations to the camera positions along side the junk cables from Swann which are CCA and 2pair only.(cheap) I figured that I would buy a new camera system because Swann doesn't cut it for night vision details. After reading this thread, I thought I would try out the suggestions of first making a short 6' cat6 cable and testing the Swann camera. It worked like a charm. I will be switching out the Swann cables with my own cat6 cable, wired to the successful 568B specs! Thanks again and thanks for all the accurate information on this thread! I really appreciate!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.