Help Finding New High Res + Invisible IR Cameras

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It's mounted under an eave parallel to the ground with the lens pointed horizontally. Poor location for using internal IR but most especially with a bubble dome. Some of the LEDs are obscured by the base of the camera. For use with the internal IR in my location it should either be mounted on the wall (which I didn't want to do) or with a large slanted mounting plate (which I didn't have at the time). I like it well enough with the current lighting and IR off that I haven't ordered the slanted mount. I've got one for the smaller Hiks but they don't fit that wide base. And yes, the internal IR interferes with the picture the way it is mounted.

2016-09-18 15.25.27.jpg

havjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's mounted under an eave parallel to the ground with the lens pointed horizontally. Poor location for using internal IR but most especially with a bubble dome. Some of the LEDs are obscured by the base of the camera. For use with the internal IR in my location it should either be mounted on the wall (which I didn't want to do) or with a large slanted mounting plate (which I didn't have at the time). I like it well enough with the current lighting and IR off that I haven't ordered the slanted mount. I've got one for the smaller Hiks but they don't fit that wide base. And yes, the internal IR interferes with the picture the way it is mounted.
It's sweet looking! Forgot to ask if it is motorized varifocal?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes. Excellent auto and semi auto focus. If you set it to semi it just focuses when you adjust focal length. That's where I leave it.

havjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. Excellent auto and semi auto focus. If you set it to semi it just focuses when you adjust focal length. That's where I leave it.
Excellent, thank you. Just wanted to confirm. I read that the Z in the model number indicated motorized varifocal.