Help finding nr 4 IP cameras

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need to buy 4 cameras for my home.
I want to monitor the perimeter and I'm interested In HFW1831 or 2831 but I'm not able to choose the right model.

The cameras must frame the sidewalk at the base of the wall for its entire length and frame as much of the avenue as possible.

IMG_20210123_204843~2.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Four cameras won't work very well, IMHO. Two per side with overlapping fields of view is the best arrangement. Look in the Wiki in the blue bar at the top of every page. Pay attention to the discussion on "DORI", distance of recognition. Additionally, mounting height and lens size come into play. A 2.8mm lens give a nice, wide, view that s useless for identification unless the subject is within about six feet of the camera. Mounted too high and all you'll be getting it the tops of heads.

Last edited:

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One camera for each side of the house.
approximately in the center of the wall and 4 meters high. The measurements are those of the drawing. Unfortunately, I don't have much margin

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need to buy 4 cameras for my home.
I want to monitor the perimeter and I'm interested In HFW1831 or 2831 but I'm not able to choose the right model.

The cameras must frame the sidewalk at the base of the wall for its entire length and frame as much of the avenue as possible.

View attachment 80341
Hi @skiocink

4M high... what is the functional goal? People counting?

skiocink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @skiocink

If you want motion detection, look for alarm sensors which handle that. They seem to work better than image processing to detect motion.
Thank fir your suggestion. I'm looking for those also, but in addiction to cameras.
I'm looking for cameras with a wide orizzontale angle. 1831 has 111 degrees, 2831 has 113 but it's a little more exepensive with options not useful for me (sd card for example)