Help flashing camera please

keymaster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
OK, where do I start. My friend went to Shenzhen and got 3 x IPCX- 57S (10 x zoom, fast, 2mp Ipcamera). He said he only needed two of them and I could buy the third and that he had "flashed them with update."
You may be able to gather from one of my previous posts he has actually flashed with wrong firmware for an inferior and now dicontinued camera which doesnt work properly in WEBIF, does work albeit buggy in Onvif device manager and works in software such as eyespy and blue iris (as generic onvif).
Camera is XM - IPCX -57S and I have received from very very helpful dealer in USA (although I am in UK) correct latest firmware and previous firmware plus operating software with update button in software. Camera now thinks it is a DEV_IPNC device ID DEV_YTAFM0021404 and running software WY11B_V2.01.19_20140606. When i try update button I get script error then software freeze.
Please can anybody give me a tip other than throw in the bin?
Many thanks
K

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Throw "friend" in bin. Then throw camera in bin. Hard.

Reaction score
@vmsguy had a similar problem in this thread. You'll have to disassemble the camera, use a USB-to-serial converter to connect to the console port, and use Linux and U-boot commands to flash the firmware to the right partition on your camera.

Last edited by a moderator: