Help getting rid of Blur...

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have been getting back to playing with my cameras, setup is a Hik 7616 E2 8P NVR along with 8 Hik DS-2CD2142-FWD-IS.

I've been noticing in video that moving objects are blurry/have trails with them. I've attached a snap shot of a car for instance here.

Blurry Truck.PNG

NVR Video Settings:

NVR Video Audio Settings.PNG
Camera Video Settings:

Camera Video Audio Settings.PNG
Camera Exposure Setting:

Camera Exposure Settings.PNG

Video standard is set to 50hz. Any suggestions on improving the video quality?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have been getting back to playing with my cameras, setup is a Hik 7616 E2 8P NVR along with 8 Hik DS-2CD2142-FWD-IS.

I've been noticing in video that moving objects are blurry/have trails with them. I've attached a snap shot of a car for instance here.

View attachment 21271

NVR Video Settings:

View attachment 21272
Camera Video Settings:

View attachment 21273
Camera Exposure Setting:

View attachment 21274

Video standard is set to 50hz. Any suggestions on improving the video quality?

Thanks!
This is due to setting the noise reduction too high...

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I should also note that the blur is evident with closer objects as well..

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is due to setting the noise reduction too high...
Thanks, is there a general rule you use for these types of cameras or it is iterative until it just looks right?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ha...just set it to 40 from 100, car passed as I was doing it and voila ... no blur. Thank you a ton Fenderman!

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Backyard.JPG Okay, just installed this last camera which oversees my backyard. Seems the night time pic is worse than the others, as I literally can't make anything out. Now, there's only grass back there but this just looks horrible. Have tried several settings to no avail?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 21276 Okay, just installed this last camera which oversees my backyard. Seems the night time pic is worse than the others, as I literally can't make anything out. Now, there's only grass back there but this just looks horrible. Have tried several settings to no avail?
yes, that is what happens when there is nothing for the IR to reflect off and no light...this is why many videos shown on youtube are misleading...
make sure smart ir is off..
You need a proper low light camera..

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes, that is what happens when there is nothing for the IR to reflect off and no light...this is why many videos shown on youtube are misleading...
make sure smart ir is off..
You need a proper low light camera..
Okay, so no settings will impact this then. Guess I'll look at the starlights or Hikvision of some sort. Any turret recco's that would work well with my NVR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so no settings will impact this then. Guess I'll look at the starlights or Hikvision of some sort. Any turret recco's that would work well with my NVR?
hikvision has some low light turrets...there is a thread discussing them.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why do you recco Smart IR off? What does that setting do exactly?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you recco Smart IR off? What does that setting do exactly?
try it and see...it adjust the ir to prevent washout, but will overall lower the ir strength...
you can play with the settings all day long, you wont get a good image there with that camera unless you add lots of light...cleaner, easier and smarter to use a low light camera...