Help! Identify Cameras

Reaction score
These were pulled from a location and given to me by a customer to help identify, reset, and try to re-use them. I have no info other than the guy said he knows they were all given a static IP and plugged into a POE switch and were recorded with software. I have no other info other than that. The model label is very generic and I am not finding anything searching. I plug into a POE switch and they power on and have a link, but that's all. I have downloaded several tools to try and figure out what they are, but without knowing the gateway, I haven't had any luck. I have searched all over the camera and do not see any type of reset either. The only thing I have is the label off the housing which isn't much. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These were pulled from a location and given to me by a customer to help identify, reset, and try to re-use them. I have no info other than the guy said he knows they were all given a static IP and plugged into a POE switch and were recorded with software. I have no other info other than that. The model label is very generic and I am not finding anything searching. I plug into a POE switch and they power on and have a link, but that's all. I have downloaded several tools to try and figure out what they are, but without knowing the gateway, I haven't had any luck. I have searched all over the camera and do not see any type of reset either. The only thing I have is the label off the housing which isn't much. Any help would be appreciated.
HI @mrossiter71

What is the MAC address ?

have you attempted to access the web interface ?
checked for rtsp stream ?

Reaction score
HI @mrossiter71

What is the MAC address ?

have you attempted to access the web interface ?
checked for rtsp stream ?

Don't know Mac address. Literally all I have is that label and the camera itself.. nothing else to help identify. Without knowing the gateway, I am just guessing when running IP/Camera scanners. I've tried all the usual.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know Mac address. Literally all I have is that label and the camera itself.. nothing else to help identify. Without knowing the gateway, I am just guessing when running IP/Camera scanners. I've tried all the usual.
power on the camera with a poe switch and get an appropriate network scanner tool ..

note, as it is a manual varifocal not a motorized varifocal, I would expect it to be a rather old model ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's exactly what I am doing.. but without the brand of camera, what scanner do you suggest?
depends on your OS you are using to scan .. if Windows just do a search on network scanner software ..

can set PC as 10.x.x.x and try 192.168.x.x network and see if the IP lands in that range ..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What does the end of the pigtail look like?
Is there a RJ-45 (Ethernet) female jack and a barrel connector for 12VDC?

Reaction score
depends on your OS you are using to scan .. if Windows just do a search on network scanner software ..

can set PC as 10.x.x.x and try 192.168.x.x network and see if the IP lands in that range ..
Ive tried those and several others, no luck yet.. I keep guessing at possible gateways and scan

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score

That's what I'm using.. prob is I have to set my laptop and gateway to something. I am just guessing at 192.168.0.xxx, 192.168.1.xxx, 192.168.254,xxx, 10.10.10.xxx, etc. and several others.. no luck yet seeing what the IP could be.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I'm using.. prob is I have to set my laptop and gateway to something. I am just guessing at 192.168.0.xxx, 192.168.1.xxx, 192.168.254,xxx, 10.10.10.xxx, etc. and several others.. no luck yet seeing what the IP could be.
Isolate your laptop from everything other than the PoE switch and cameras you are testing .. scan complete range from 192.169.x.x and 10.x.x.x ..

Reaction score
Isolate your laptop from everything other than the PoE switch and cameras you are testing .. scan complete range from 192.169.x.x and 10.x.x.x ..
Ok, I am using angry IP. What would I set laptop IP, subnet, and gateway too?