Help! In a developing nation, analog cameras seem king, but have a site that needs 120 cameras!

Reaction score
I work with a non-profit that has some temporary residential shelters for children. We are needed to upgrade and replace all of our security camera systems. HIKVision analog setups work fine for our smaller properties, and are easy to maintain since you can find a shop on every block.

But we have a large campus that needs around 120 cameras. I’m trying to get all of our network and camera equipment in one location, but this is proving difficult with analog cameras as we’ll need 4 32 channel DVR’s. But, we have some runs that are 150 meters, which seems to be over the max for Siamese cable (RG59+2C).

One of our requirements that we are trying to handle is a 2 hour minimum for cameras during a power outage. Having all the DVR’s and power supplies in one area makes that a bit easier. UPS and a generator.

But, analog cameras kind of suck. :)

We have a huge perimeter fence and 4-5 buildings with 10+ rooms each.

Can someone convince me how IP cameras could solve all of my problems? :)

It would seem that we’d need centralized PoE switches with UPS, fiber back to a central switch, and LOADS of outdoor Cat6?

But in that scenario, I might as well just do centralized DVR’s.

We have some fiber and PoE switches already, but, that wasn’t installed with IP cameras in mind.

I’d happily outsource this to a local company, but the scope of the project is beyond what skillset is available.

I’m also slightly limited with available products. Basically HIK and Dahua, no Unifi Cameras. Anything else we’d have to order and import, but then it starts to break the budget (as well as add in problems for long term local maintenance and support).

Sorry this is long and ranty.