HELP: Lost connection to 3 outdoor Hikvision + no remote access to BI

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
This is very strange, out of blue around 9:30 in morning the following happened:

- 2 Hikvision cameras lost connection in BI (BI says "Error: 800027c timeout; check IP address and port"
- 1 Huisun PTZ lost connection in BI (BI says "HTTP: 12002 Timeout"
- Remote access to BI stopped working

I have power cycled the cameras, restarted the computer and routers to no benefit. The SADP tool can find the two Hiks and the Huisun however now the Huisun PTZ has an IP of 0.0.0.0. When I try to connect directly to the Hiks with a web browser at the IP address from SADP they cannot be found. The POE Switch (this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BP0SSAS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) shows green lights for the cameras POE but no lights for data activity (the PTZ has its own power source so doesn't use POE). The cameras are confirmed to be receiving power as you can see the infrared turn on at night.

Anybody have any thoughts on what could be happening? Its curious to me that BI is also unreachable from the app and from remote access in addition to these 3 cams going dark. To make matters more confusing I have a Dahua bullet cam as the 4th camera on the system and that one is working just fine (though that camera has a slightly different configuration as its in my basement and is not using POE and it plugged directly into my router which then connects with my BI machine upstairs via POE injector. It is also indoors and the 3 cameras that are not working are all outdoors. We've had some storms before the system went down but when it actually went down the weather was a calm dry weekday morning.

Any and all help is appreciated!

ruqcFa4.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE: Easy fix.

I wanted to update the thread so that nobody spends time trying to diagnose this as I found the solution, and as per usual it was much simpler than I thought.

Basically the POE powerline that connects my router to my BI machine upstairs lost network connection. The reason the basement Dahua cam still worked was because it was transferring its feed via WiFi to the machine upstairs (which I wasn't aware of). I'm just thankful everything is back up and running and that there was no major damage to the cameras.