help me choose a replacement for axis 1054

stephaneD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i own a reef aquarium store i have 8x AXIS M1054 cam on blue iris ans i like hem but i need someting better in aquarium area.
it is use to film customer. Some put there hand in water we got even some expensive coral stolen. with axis it s very hard to see the hand picking up
in the tank. one major problem i think is we use very high power blue lighting for the tank and it seem to make the cam
bluring so it would be good i think to have a cam i could install orange filter. i would like to install 2-3 or more cam to realy have a close up could some of you point me out to the right cam.
thank you

IMG_3737.png

stephaneD

n3wb
Reaction score
just for reference the aquarium i want to watch is the center one it is total of 4 foot wide and 24 foot long people walk around this aquarium bed and look over it to chose coral
picture below have been taken with orange filter from the oposite side of the camera
picture 78545075_2648860821819334_4923857242366672896_n.jpg

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tought blue iris wont de wrapping fish eye cam no?
I stand a bit corrected. It won't dewarp in live view, but it will in playback mode. SmartPSS will do it.

At a minimum, you should have 2 cameras on either side looking down the length. The camera should be lower as well. Maybe @mat200 has a recommended camera for you.

stephaneD

n3wb
Reaction score
yea 2 cam is probably minimum, when dark store close no need cam so dont need good night vision
i need audio in , not sure about focal so probably best to have varifocal and POE, turet or dome would be best cause the cam need to be lower and i dont want people to play with them im reading on cam all over the place there is so
many model and option that i need a bit of help to put me in the right direction. i thought i have found the best one but after reading on it seem like movement detection is only available on one chanel so wont make it DH-IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M-M12_Image_Web.jpg

Last edited:

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yea 2 cam is probably minimum, when dark store close no need cam so dont need good night vision
i need audio in , not sure about focal so probably best to have varifocal and POE, turet or dome would be best cause the cam need to be lower and i dont want people to play with them im reading on cam all over the place there is so many model and option that i need a bit of help to put me in the right direction. i thought i have found the best one but after reading on it seem like movement detection is only available on one chanel so wont make it
I have the HDBW-4231, but I don't need the motion detection on both channels, so it works fine for my purposes. I linked to the review of that camera. If you don't need MD (which it would probably be going off a bit too much in that environment), it may work.