Help me find a PoE Camera with a wide FOV (around 160 degrees+)

Reaction score
This is for internal home use not necessary to be able to identify faces or anything just to monitor kids
Must be able to get a wide FOV
Looking around $100 or less (Amcrest prices are best)
PoE is a must
Turrett is also a must.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is for internal home use not necessary to be able to identify faces or anything just to monitor kids
PoE is a must
Turrett is also a must.
Normal 28mm cameras have FOV at 100-110 degree.. And You will find many under $100 from many brands...

But for 160 degree You must go with 180 degree cameras - which are 2 cameras in one body... But they cost more...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
Also be aware that when a cam is said to be "full color" it likely does not provide night vision IR, cannot "see" IR and if supplemental light is needed it must be from either ambient visible light, an outboard supplemental visible light source or provided by the camera's own visible LED light source.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The IPC-Color4K-T180 is over budget and I personally wouldn't use it due to the aspect ratio weirdness they appeared to do with it.

This one however is within budget and similar design and would work fine indoors: FCD600 - Panoramic Outdoor PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, 6MP Resolution, 180° Ultra Wide Angle, f/1.2 Super Aperture, BSI Sensor, Color Night Vision & Infrared Night Vision, Built-in Mic, Active Siren & Alarm, Human & Vehicle Detection

Cams with a single sensor and fisheye lens for much wider FOV (typically 160-180°) are cheaper but their image is not as visually appealing due to the much more apparent warping effect. Amazon.com : fisheye poe camera revotech

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This one however is within budget and similar design and would work fine indoors: FCD600 - Panoramic Outdoor PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, 6MP Resolution, 180° Ultra Wide Angle, f/1.2 Super Aperture, BSI Sensor, Color Night Vision & Infrared Night Vision, Built-in Mic, Active Siren & Alarm, Human & Vehicle Detection

Cams with a single sensor and fisheye lens for much wider FOV (typically 160-180°) are cheaper but their image is not as visually appealing due to the much more apparent warping effect. Amazon.com : fisheye poe camera revotech
I have both the Annke FCD600 and the Revotech cameras and both perform well. The Annke has IR but stays in color mode with very little light. At close range the stiching is off but does not bother me. They are frequently on sale for $79.99.
The Revotechs can be found with built in mic and external mic which is very sensitive. They are good for building covert units. They have some with IR but I have not tried those.
My vote is for Annke.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
The Dahua 5441 (BoobieCam) would be a decent option. Turrent mount with two individual lenses that can be oriented how you please.

I installed one in my front entrance. I didn't need full 180 degree coverage but it is possible.

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PoE is a must
Turrett is also a must.
The Dahua 5441 (BoobieCam) would be a decent option. Turrent mount with two individual lenses that can be oriented how you please.

I installed one in my front entrance. I didn't need full 180 degree coverage but it is possible.

I just so happen to have a used one I just put up for sale if you’d like one for well under $100

Last edited: