Help me pick a speed dome

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We are going to replace the cameras around our community park / Pool and I want to add 2 PTZ's with auto tracking.

I am looking at these 2 models.

$329
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-marketable-30x-optical-1080p-ir-cctv-variable-speed-dome-camera-IP-dome-camera/1248007_32287670638.html

Description says 20X zoom but the Specs says 30X. Sent a message to Monica for clarification.

And..

$429
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/30x-zoom-150m-IR-auto-tracking-digital-camera-outdoor-waterproof-PTZ-ip-camera/1248007_32293425191.html

Both are 2MP and I don't see a difference in the two. I did ask Monica what the difference was and she responded "different module". I'm guessing camera module but both are Sony 2MP unless the descriptions are wrong. Also note both URL's have 30X.

Anyway, comments and opinions are welcome.

Thanks!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It appears the expensive one PTZ's speeds are faster...alas that cam has a feedback of 1, but click and it says 'No Feedback'.../smh

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What did you decide at the end?

I must take one speed dome camera. Monica Wen adviced me to purchased this model http://it.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-2mp-full-hd-PTZ-IP-camera-with-auto-tracking-function/1248007_32309855942.html?storeId=1248007

What are the differences for this model and this http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-marketable-30x-optical-1080p-ir-cctv-variable-speed-dome-camera-IP-dome-camera/1248007_32287670638.html ?

I saw that weight is not same. What is the power box ? The first model have a microphone ?

I saw other model with other seller, and the offert is great. http://it.aliexpress.com/item/1080P-PTZ-Camera-Auto-Tracking-PTZ-Speed-Dome-IP-Camera-20X-optical-zoom-IR-150M-1/32565083089.html?spm=2114.020208.3.262.2eMuwR&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_1_10001_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb201560_2,searchweb1451318400_6149

What is the best camera in your opinion?

-1080p
- wiper
- autotracking
- Power supply inclused

I begin to believe that the huisun's price are best only ptz bullet zoom 10x. For the speed dome they not have the best price.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We have not pulled the trigger yet. It's definitely a minefield trying to pick the right camera. Some of the camera descriptions are incorrect or don't adequately describe the product. If you have a HikVision NVR or use IVMS-4200 just make sure you get one that supports Hikvision protocols.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm negotiating with Monica as I open a dispute on my last purchase. Now I have to see what speed dome with wipers can take with discount.
She made me a proposal, but the price is not the best there is on their store. There are other cameras with the same features and cost less. I'm asking the differences.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm negotiating with Monica as I open a dispute on my last purchase. Now I have to see what speed dome with wipers can take with discount.
She made me a proposal, but the price is not the best there is on their store. There are other cameras with the same features and cost less. I'm asking the differences.
What is the dispute over?

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What did you decide at the end?

I must take one speed dome camera. Monica Wen adviced me to purchased this model http://it.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-2mp-full-hd-PTZ-IP-camera-with-auto-tracking-function/1248007_32309855942.html?storeId=1248007

What are the differences for this model and this http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-marketable-30x-optical-1080p-ir-cctv-variable-speed-dome-camera-IP-dome-camera/1248007_32287670638.html ?

I saw that weight is not same. What is the power box ? The first model have a microphone ?

I saw other model with other seller, and the offert is great. http://it.aliexpress.com/item/1080P-PTZ-Camera-Auto-Tracking-PTZ-Speed-Dome-IP-Camera-20X-optical-zoom-IR-150M-1/32565083089.html?spm=2114.020208.3.262.2eMuwR&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_1_100 01_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb20156 0_2,searchweb1451318400_6149

What is the best camera in your opinion?

-1080p
- wiper
- autotracking
- Power supply inclused

I begin to believe that the huisun's price are best only ptz bullet zoom 10x. For the speed dome they not have the best price.
depending on your needs, if you need the speed of ptz mechanism the speed dome the only alternative, and the price compared to others was the cheapest I found

this is video i made for comparing ptz speed of bullet vs speed dome

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the dispute over?
Delay of shipping and a gift that at the end it was not a gift. Before purchasing I asked her if she could write a very low value for ip cameras (I paid full price without discounts) to pay less duties. She said yes but she did not do it. The customs fees + shipping, I spent 250$ for 4 ip cameras. She apologized but not enough. I paid a lot for her mistake. I asked them partial refund: shipping delay + unwanted gift = 133$ but they did not agree.

Now she proposed me 20$ discount on one model speed dome ptz. Too low for their mistake.

I want to ask Monica if she can give me free shipping.

She seem very clever because it offers me the ip cameras with very high prices. She seems very clever because she offers to me the ip cameras with very high prices.

depending on your needs, if you need the speed of ptz mechanism the speed dome the only alternative, and the price compared to others was the cheapest I found

this is video i made for comparing ptz speed of bullet vs speed dome
Thanks for video korakora.

I know that the speed dome camera is better than the bullet. My question was related to what was the best huisun PTZ among those that had posted.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...287670638.html and http://it.aliexpress.com/item/1080P-...451318400_6149

What is better between the two ?

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know that the speed dome camera is better than the bullet. My question was related to what was the best huisun PTZ among those that had posted.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...287670638.html and http://it.aliexpress.com/item/1080P-...451318400_6149

What is better between the two ?
before buying I also compare between huisun and imporx products, the same goods, but which a different is from the shipping cost, I think that different of them only from the content marketing strategy, huisun makes shiiping cost cheap otherwise imporx look likes cheap product but deliverry cost so expensive

sorry if my though doesnt make sense for you :)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Delay of shipping and a gift that at the end it was not a gift. Before purchasing I asked her if she could write a very low value for ipcamere (I paid full price without discounts) to pay less duties. She said yes but she did not do it. The customs fees + shipping, I spent 250$ for 4 ipcameras. She apologized but not enough. I paid a lot for her mistake. I asked them partial refund: shipping delay + unwanted gift = 133$ but they did not agree.

Now she proposed me 20$ discount on one model speed dome ptz. Too low for their mistake.

I want to ask Monica if she can give me free shipping.

She seem very clever because it offers me the ip rooms with very high prices. She seems very clever because she offers to me the ip cameras with very high prices.
You do know that cheating on duty tax is illegal, right? It's one thing to "play dumb" and accept a package valued incorrectly if the seller chooses to send it that way, but another thing to specifically ask the seller to lie on the value (and then file a claim against them when they don't)..The seller (or an Aliexpress representative viewing the claim) could actually forward that to your government officials and perhaps result in you facing legal charges for trying to defraud your country's tax codes. If you're trying to commit a crime, I wouldn't think that it's a good idea to publicly fight your "partner in crime" when they make a mistake or decide to not follow through with helping you commit the crime.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sorry if my though doesnt make sense for you :)
Don't worry, i appreciate your though.

To the shipping costs it also depends on the destination country.

I saw the prices DHL between Italy and USA are very different. Much more expensive for Italy.

You do know that cheating on duty tax is illegal, right? It's one thing to "play dumb" and accept a package valued incorrectly if the seller chooses to send it that way, but another thing to specifically ask the seller to lie on the value (and then file a claim against them when they don't)..The seller (or an Aliexpress representative viewing the claim) could actually forward that to your government officials and perhaps result in you facing legal charges for trying to defraud your country's tax codes. If you're trying to commit a crime, I wouldn't think that it's a good idea to publicly fight your "partner in crime" when they make a mistake or decide to not follow through with helping you commit the crime.
Is also illegal to say one thing to another just to sell. Before you buy, if I ask you if you can write a different value, and you reply "yes" and then you do not do, this is not correct. She can say no, do not you think?
However the package arrived late and the gift is not appreciated as it has raised the value of taxes. The gift could send with china post, free of customs.

P.S: if she responded to me that he could not write a different value, I would have purchased individually choosing china post.
P.S2: In my dispute i mentioned only the unwanted gift (not listed on aliexpress) and the delay of the shipment.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hunte88: no warranty from china. Think you need a warranty. Better buy local.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't worry, i appreciate your though.

To the shipping costs it also depends on the destination country.

I saw the prices DHL between Italy and USA are very different. Much more expensive for Italy.

Is also illegal to say one thing to another just to sell. Before you buy, if I ask you if you can write a different value, and you reply "yes" and then you do not do, this is not correct. She can say no, do not you think?
However the package arrived late and the gift is not appreciated as it has raised the value of taxes. The gift could send with china post, free of customs.

P.S: if she responded to me that he could not write a different value, I would have purchased individually choosing china post.
P.S2: In my dispute i mentioned only the unwanted gift (not listed on aliexpress) and the delay of the shipment.
I get your point; she should not have said the value would be marked down and then not follow through...but by the same token, just because she "should not" have done it does not give you any legal right to be reimbursed. Simply put, if someone agrees to help you commit a crime, you have no legal grounds to hold them to their word. The transaction itself has to be legal in order for the contract to be legally binding (and thus give you the legal right to hold the other person responsible for fulfilling the transaction).

For example, if you buy a car from someone, that is a legal transaction. Therefore, if you pay the money and they do not deliver the car, then you have a legal right to get your money back. On the other hand, murder is not legal. Suppose you hated your neighbor and hired someone to kill them. You paid them a lot of money and then after cashing your check, the hit man backed out and decided to not kill the neighbor for you....You would not have any legal right to collect that money back from the hit man because the original transaction was not legal making that not a legally-binding contract.

It's an extreme example, but the principle is the same. It's basic business law. You had an agreement with the seller to lie on the customs forms, but since that is an illegal agreement, it's an invalid contract and you have no legal grounds to hold them responsible for it. That's the rule of illegal transactions; it's done at your own risk with no legal warranty to protect yourself if it goes wrong.....It's a lesson you learned the hard way. To be honest, if a standard customs fee is the only "punishment" you face, you still got off lucky!

Also worth noting is that I can almost guarantee you that the sales representative that you spoke with is not the person that shipped the cameras to you. In most Chinese companies like this, the sales person only takes the order. They then pass it on to a shipping partner to package the items, print the postage label and ship the items to the end customer. It's very unlikely that this sales person that agreed to do this is the same person that taped up that box and stuck a shipping label on it. That shipping partner may have refused to do it.

As far as the included gift is concerned, that's an unfortunate situation in which they sent more than you ordered and at a higher value. About the only option I know of is to resell the gift to make up for the extra customs fees that it may have caused. It is up to you as the receiver to look at the customs value on the package and reject the package if it is incorrect. If you accept the package, then you are basically giving your agreement to pay customs fees based on the price listed on the package. Doesn't matter if you actually ordered what was in the package or not. Just accepting an imported package with "X" price on it is you virtually signing the agreement to pay the tax based on that given value.

Importing international goods is a tricky thing and has risks that typically go beyond receiving domestic goods. It can be confusing and frustrating and it's really a good idea to study your local import laws before ever buying anything directly from an international source. Otherwise you could find yourself paying lots of surprise fees and even facing legal charges if it's done incorrectly (ie. if the goods are illegal for import, the country you're importing from has restrictions with your local government, etc.)....International imports were never really intended for the average consumer. It was originally geared toward large corporations that have teams of legal representatives to help them follow the codes. With the rise of the internet over the past 2 decades (and thus online retail), it's opened a new avenue for the end consumers to deal directly with overseas companies, but it hasn't changed all the legal red tape and risks that are involved in international trade.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wxman understand and you are right. I take the package because i tought that is I thought I'd lose money if I refused. In any case, the only thing I can do is the negative feedback and they know it.
Excluding what has happened to me, for the dome which should I choose, Monica seems dishonest. She does not offer me products that have lower price, when in fact there are several with same specs. Now i asked to her clarifications. Let's see what he says

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I wish I knew what to tell you about picking a speed dome. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem! I'm searching for a good one, but the specs are all over the place. Sometimes the specs disagree with each other within the same ad.

I can tell you that both links in your first post are for 20x cams, not 30x...The zoom portion of the model number has "20" for both and the focal lengths are both listed as 4.7-94mm (which is 20x)...The differences in those models appear to be in the dome housing. One (based on specs) will pan faster than the other...There's also a difference in IR lighting. They're rated the same, but one model has larger IR lights on the sides while the other has smaller ir lights that surround the sides and bottom. Not sure which would be best performance-wise. I would imagine both will give similar results and probably not worth the extra cost for the more expensive one.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes i saw the different external appearance and LED positions and the 20x zoom. I did not notice the speed difference, thanks for the tip.

I saw this imporx model that seems is better for the price. I think is the same of huisun and if you see the name of the store look the same. Huisun: Shenzhen Huisun Technology Co., Ltd. China (Mainland) (Guangdong)
Imporx: Shenzhen Imporx Technology Co., Ltd. China (Mainland) (Guangdong)

I don't understand because the price are very different.

I see this model this http://it.aliexpress.com/item/2014-2015-hot-recomend-2-0-mega-phiexls-video-analysis-light-adjustment-PTZ-ir-track-pc/32294112738.html?spm=2114.020208.3.55.uchdkz&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_3_10001_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb201560_2,searchweb1451318400_6151

What do you think? I like it because it has two led more and the length of IR is 150m vs 100 of other.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes i saw the different external appearance and LED positions and the 20x zoom. I did not notice the speed difference, thanks for the tip.

I saw this imporx model that seems is better for the price. I think is the same of huisun and if you see the name of the store look the same. Huisun: Shenzhen Huisun Technology Co., Ltd. China (Mainland) (Guangdong)
Imporx: Shenzhen Imporx Technology Co., Ltd. China (Mainland) (Guangdong)

I don't understand because the price are very different.

I see this model this http://it.aliexpress.com/item/2014-2015-hot-recomend-2-0-mega-phiexls-video-analysis-light-adjustment-PTZ-ir-track-pc/32294112738.html?spm=2114.020208.3.55.uchdkz&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_3_10001_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb201560_2,searchweb1451318400_6151

What do you think? I like it because it has two led more and the length of IR is 150m vs 100 of other.
Should be fine. Basically the same as the others except the IR lights will be brighter. In fact, they've also got a 180m IR version somewhere on there.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im currently negotiating with Jack Chan in relation to this camera.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blue-Iris-CCTV-Camera-2015-20X-Optical-Zoom-IR-150M-High-Speed-Dome-Full-HD1080P-Auto/32323387569.html

He has offered US$320 but i found it here for US$301

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1080P-2mp-ir-speed-outdoor-dome-20x-optical-zoom-ptz-ip-ip-zoom-pan-tilt-camera/32473951661.html

They have a test camera online

http://ipcctv8.oicp.net:9090 U:admin P:admin

Seems to be almost the same as the Huisun branded cameras. Ive been playing with the auto tracking on the test camera this afternoon and it appears fairly effective.