Help needed adding cameras

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, new BI user here. I'm having trouble adding some of my cameras and could use some help. I can't get the video/address-port setup correct to display video.

I have 4 cameras I'm trying to manage. A recently purchased Dahua that has added just fine and working as expected. The others are an older/cheaper Wansview and 2 Foscams. All the cameras are set up on my LAN and can be viewed locally via a browser without a problem. I also have them set up in IP Cam Viewer without problems. But I can't get the video to work in BI for the 3 older cameras.

I'll focus on just the Wansview as I suspect my issue/mistake is the same for all three. I start the camera add process and after entering the general information, click on the Video tab. Select Network IP for device type, and "Configure" button. I've tried both finding the camera with the http:// field empty, or by typing the LAN IP. Both end up with the same issue. I also used the ONVIF Device Manager tool. It finds the Wansview just fine and displays the video.

This is the result of clicking on Find/Inspect,

Opening 192.168.86.43 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening 192.168.86.43 port 25112...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2019-12-16T16:19:15.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer:
Model:
FirmwareVersion: 00.01.01.0043P1

GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/device_service
Has media services: /onvif/device_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is Profile_token1
first source is VideoSource_token1
requesting URI for profile Profile_token1
RTSP URI: /live/ch0
Has Event services: /onvif/device_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/device_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/device_service
Done

After find, address is , with Discovery/ONVIF port changed to 25112 (port set up in camera). But when I "OK" click out, the camera display shows "No signal, RTSP: 404 not found.
Changing Make/Model from Generic/ONVIF (from Find/Inspect step) to the correct WansView model results in No signal, error 8000274d (refused; check IP address and port) 0

Any help appreciated.

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. But configured exactly as above. Tried with Discovery port as above and with 25112. Both resulting in the same. RTSP 404 not found. Tried with setting of make/model for my camera, same problem(s).
1576534431326.png

1576534493045.png

What I don't get is what is BI looking for that other apps are not? As I said, browser, IP Camera Viewer, and ONVIF Device Manager all see it fine.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you logged into cam to insure the RTSP is, in fact, 554?
If it is, then see if this URL works in VLC:

Code:
rtsp:/192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0

If shouldn't make a difference since BI is looking for RTSP, but I'd take that colon and 25112 off the end of the camera IP up at the HTTP address.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Disable hardware acceleration for that specific camera

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you logged into cam to insure the RTSP is, in fact, 554?
If it is, then see if this URL works in VLC:

Code:
rtsp:/192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0

If shouldn't make a difference since BI is looking for RTSP, but I'd take that colon and 25112 off the end of the camera IP up at the HTTP address.
Yes, camera is set to use 554 for RTSP.

I did try the http address both with and without the :port. No difference as you guessed. I had only added it as that is recommended in the add camera documentation.

The URL does not work in VLC.
1576600062515.png

Here is the log file output. Still mostly Greek to me.

main debug: processing request item: rtsp://192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index 0
main debug: starting playback of new item
main debug: resyncing on rtsp://192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0
main debug: rtsp://192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0 is at 0
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: Creating an input for 'rtsp://192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0'
main debug: requesting art for new input thread
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB
main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\sulli\AppData\Local\Temp
main debug: `rtsp:/192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0' gives access `rtsp:' demux `192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0' path `'
main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp:' demux='192.168.86.43:554/live/ch0' location='' file='(null)'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "rtsp:": 15 candidates
main debug: no access_demux modules matched
main debug: creating access: rtsp::/
main debug: looking for access module matching "rtsp:": 26 candidates
main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates
main debug: no access modules matched
main debug: dead input
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\sulli\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched
main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\sulli\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
main debug: no art finder modules matched
main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\sulli\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched
main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\sulli\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
main debug: no art finder modules matched
main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/1)
main debug: nothing to play

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
>>Disable hardware acceleration for that specific camera

I'd appreciate a few pointers on how to try this.

Thanks

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, found HW acceleration switch and shut it off. Same result.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions here. BI seems great. But it won't be much use to me if I can't get groups/multiple cameras going. The part that really seems strange to me is that the cameras work fine with almost any other app. Seems to be something that just BI doesn't like.

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this provides any insight to my problem, but I just noticed there is one difference. If I include the colon:port on the HTTP address, the error is "RTSP: 404 Not Found"

But if I just use the HTTP address, no colon or port, the error is "Error: 8000274d (refused; check IP address and port) 0"

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, new BI user here. I'm having trouble adding some of my cameras and could use some help. I can't get the video/address-port setup correct to display video.

I have 4 cameras I'm trying to manage. A recently purchased Dahua that has added just fine and working as expected. The others are an older/cheaper Wansview and 2 Foscams. All the cameras are set up on my LAN and can be viewed locally via a browser without a problem. I also have them set up in IP Cam Viewer without problems. But I can't get the video to work in BI for the 3 older cameras.

I'll focus on just the Wansview as I suspect my issue/mistake is the same for all three. I start the camera add process and after entering the general information, click on the Video tab. Select Network IP for device type, and "Configure" button. I've tried both finding the camera with the http:// field empty, or by typing the LAN IP. Both end up with the same issue. I also used the ONVIF Device Manager tool. It finds the Wansview just fine and displays the video.

This is the result of clicking on Find/Inspect,

Opening 192.168.86.43 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening 192.168.86.43 port 25112...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2019-12-16T16:19:15.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer:
Model:
FirmwareVersion: 00.01.01.0043P1

GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/device_service
Has media services: /onvif/device_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is Profile_token1
first source is VideoSource_token1
requesting URI for profile Profile_token1
RTSP URI: /live/ch0
Has Event services: /onvif/device_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/device_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/device_service
Done

After find, address is , with Discovery/ONVIF port changed to 25112 (port set up in camera). But when I "OK" click out, the camera display shows "No signal, RTSP: 404 not found.
Changing Make/Model from Generic/ONVIF (from Find/Inspect step) to the correct WansView model results in No signal, error 8000274d (refused; check IP address and port) 0

Any help appreciated.
Give this a try: How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list

lakeguy55

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I finally figured it out! Turns out that I needed to change the RTSP channel to 1.

Using ONVIF manager, I was able to see 3 profiles for this camera. Profile 1 used channel 0 and showed no video. Profile 2 & 3 used channels 1 and 2 respectively and both showed video. Once I changed the network setting in BI to channel 1, all was well.

FWIW, BI also needed to have the colon:port in the HTTP address.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I finally figured it out! Turns out that I needed to change the RTSP channel to 1.

Using ONVIF manager, I was able to see 3 profiles for this camera. Profile 1 used channel 0 and showed no video. Profile 2 & 3 used channels 1 and 2 respectively and both showed video. Once I changed the network setting in BI to channel 1, all was well.

FWIW, BI also needed to have the colon:port in the HTTP address.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
Glad to hear!
So what's the complete URL?
It could help someone else.