Help needed setting up HikVision DS-7608NI-E2/8P

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all, My NVR arrived in the post 5 days ago and I am struggling to set it up.

I had great difficulty getting the POE ports on the back of my NVR to recognize my cameras. After a full day off failure, I connected the cameras to my POE Switch and plugged a lead from the switch to the Network plug on back of NVR and was than able to connect my cameras.

I have since found out what the issue was, the Internal NIC card on my NVR has an IP address that does not match my cameras.

I have since changed the IP address on my cameras so there in range of the internal NIC and was able to manually add the cameras plugged into the POE Ports on back of NVR, But I have now lost access to the web interface of my cameras.

I am having great difficulty in setting up the motion detection on my NVR. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly.

Can someone please explain how to configure this?

My NVR arrived with Firmware 3.2.1 if that makes any difference.

My cameras are recording motion outside of the selected area I have setup for each camera. It's recording all motion.

I also can not get the email to work, it will not accept my email settings.

Am I supposed to set up the motion in the cameras web interface, NVR Software or Both, Which do I set?

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One more question:

Should I have the IPv4 address of the NVR set to the same range as my cameras?

For example my cameras are set at the port range of 194.168.254.***
My IPv4 on NVR is set to 192.168.1.201 Should this be in the same range as the cameras?

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Phillip, did you read my thread?
Did you watch the videos I linked?
I know my firmware will be different by the sounds of it, but the settings should be the same.
You had trouble coz you had the cameras set on different ip addresses. You then plugged them into a "sub-network" and of course the NVR couldn't find them. Keep the cameras in the same range of the internal IP of the NVR. The NVR is then configured to the main network of your router. Again, my pictures and the linked videos will help.
If you want to access your cameras individually, you can run another network cable to a spare port on your NVR and into your pc using the instructions and settings that I linked in my thread. You will only need to do this from time to time to fine tune each camera. For example, color settings, maybe display setting etc.

I'll try to answer a few more of your questions.

You set up the motion detection within the NVR and leave the settings in the camera alone. Always make sure that to click apply. The sensitivity makes a big difference I found, I reduced it a bit and that seems to reduce false alarms from falling leaves and bugs etc.
You also have to set the record function to record on motion detection. In regards to the grid, remove boxes where you don't want to detect motion due to tree branches moving in the wind for example.

Email: you just have to keep trying. Get the settings from your ISP website and have a look at my thread for a better idea. Mine wouldn't work until I un-ticked one of the settings. Keeping clicking the test buttomand see if you receive an email. In order to get the emails, you also have to have the the trigger set for motion detection or whatever in the motion detection settings.

I hope this all helps.
As I said in my thread, I basically know little about networking, but investing some time I managed to work it all out. These things are a network device and are plug and play until you want to link into an outside network. You have to have some knowledge of networking and if you don't you have to teach yourself. Don't give up. You have only had it for a few days! One step at a time.

Chris

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the advice, No I did not see your thread on the subject, it sounds like it's just what I need. I will search and find your thread now.

Yes, I understand what you are saying here. I innitailly also configured my cameras via the web interface before I changed the IP address to work with the POE on the back of my NVR.
Should I go back into the Web interface for each camera and turn of the motion detection? or does it not matter now.

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
LOL! I'm actually not sure, but if it were me, I would go into each camera and turn it off.
Also, FYI, if you set up the on-screen text for each cam individually, it still works in the NVR as does any extra cam settings.

The thread I am referring to is the the one you posted in with the pics of the power supplies etc. LOL!

The whole issue with your settings will be slightly different than mine due to the firmware. you'll just have to soldier on.

I can't seem to find the exact firmware download on the internet that you have right now.

Chris

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I had some difficulty finding your post, eventually I realized it was on this very topic. :)

As far as I can find out the firmware is not available thus far, unless you purchase a NVR with the firmware included. I been keeping an eye out looking for it, in particular the firmware 5.2.6 I'm seeing evidence of on Hikvisions web site.

I've spoken to CBX and his never heard of it, till I mentioned it to him.

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool, I'll also look into a quieter fan. Surely there is a fan the same size that is quieter? I'm surprised that it is as loud as it is given the size of the thing. Good luck man. Any other questions let me know. I could take pics of the NVR screens if that helps and PM you? Off to eat some more chocolate eggs. I'll be back to check later on.

Chris

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I went up town and purchased a monitor just for my NVR.

I'm going to connect to my cameras now and remove all the motion detection settings now. I will let you know how I go with this.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to use SADP individually on each camera, changed the IP address to match the range on my router to gain access to the cameras web interface. I turned off all Motion settings in Camera webs interface.

Using SADP I changed the IP address back to the ip range compatible for the NVR.

I need to run a few tests now and see if this has configured the motion detection to only activate inside the chosen area for each camera.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks chrstodav, the motion detection is now working as it should. It appears having the Motion Detection set on the Camera and the NVR is not a good idea, the two clash.

I have a couple other issues. Email is one, I will look into that tomorrow. The other issue is my 2432 camera will not display the lower stream on my phone through the NVR. This is a problem that started a few days ago.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Huge improvement overnight with motion detection on my NVR. Up-to two nights ago, I was receiving constant motion recordings, particularly worse at night because of the bugs flying around. Living up here in QLD, in particular with this warm humid weather we are receiving of late, there is a lot of bugs around at night, you can imagine what it would be like at night with the IR on the cameras.
Last night there was only 4 or 5 bugs recorded on each of my out door cameras, and they where big bugs, mostly landing on the lens. There the only false alarms I received. There was no cars recorded driving pass.
It's a huge improvement.
There is also a cobweb forming over one of my cameras outside I noticed last night, on purpose I left the cob web alone to see if it would trigger a constant recording because of the cobweb moving around in the breeze as it normally does. Only the one time was there motion recorded on that camera from the cobweb.
Sitting here now, I just witnessed a flock of birds flying out of view of one of my cameras and it did not record.
I still have a few other issues as described below:
I am not receiving email alerts. For some reason emails are not working on the NVR.
On my mobile phone, using 3G I cannot gain access to my cameras. I am able to gain access through my Tablet via WiFi.
On my tablet, when I check motion detection, the scale starts at the first recording on the hard drive, I need to scroll through days of recordings to access the latest footage.
On playback of motion detection, my tablet is struggling to play the footage at full speed, it plays back in slow motion, I think the file sizes are to large for it to handle, and this is over WiFi, I can't imagine what it would be like on my phone via 3G.
My Hikvision 2432 is not being kind to me. I can not speak into the mic on computer, it will not play back on camera through the NVR. If I connect to the 2432 without going through the NVR it works fine.
The 2432 will only playback at 1920 x 1080, I can not access the sub-stream via the NVR on the 2432. All the other cameras are fine. For this reason, It's virtually impossible to play back motion footage on my Tablet, because the sub stream is not accessible.
The 2432 will only playback on Clear setting on IVMS4500 app on my tablet. I cannot access fluent or any of the other options for playback quality. The other cameras work fine.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still having problems setting this up. I'm stuck at the port forwarding step.

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Try following the videos. Use the address I have in the 3rd photo. You can only test that your set-up works from a device outside your network.

Chris

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I don't know how to do this on a Asus Router. I can not find an option for inbound port and Private Port in the port forwarding on the Asus Router.

Best I've been able to do is change the HTTP port to 5000. Which gives me access to the NVR web interface from a device away from network.

However I can not get IVMS4500 app on my phone to connect to the NVR

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So in order to get access from outside, you need to set-up port forwarding within your router.
The router will have a Port Forwarding feature which will allow you to open up the three ports to access the NVR. 8000, 554 and 80. You can see that I changed port 80 to 8585 and 8000 to 8005 on the incoming ports.
The "private IP address" in my example above is the address of the NVR within the network. The inbound port is the port that you are opening and linking to the outside. In the videos I linked they explain how to then link this to a DDNS. (Hikvision's own free DDNS.) Once it is set-up simply enter this address and you can access your NVR http://usdev.hik-online.com/username. This address should work. The other DDNS that they use in the videos didn't work for me.
Watch the to videos a couple of times each to get what's going on.

Sorry, I haven't used the IVMS4500 software on my phone. Someone else may be able to chime in on this?

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As you can see my Router don't have a area to key in the incoming port as your router shows. Maybe I need to change the Ports on the NVR? Would that work?

I'm under the impression that it's not advisable to change the ports on the NVR.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi..

Your making it overcomplicated, lol

You can start changing / messing about with ports, but get it going with the defaults first.

If you want to use the app on your mobile device, then the only thing that needs forwarding on your router is port 8000 to your NVR ip address

Then setup your mobile app to use port 8000 port and your WAN ip address

Your (WAN) ip address and checking if you have forwarded port 8000 correctly can be found by using your pc to go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The incoming port will most likely be the "Port range" box.
So you would have something like this:

Service name Port Range Local IP Local Port Protocol
Hikvision HTTP 8585 192.168.1.** 80 both
Hikvision RTSP 554 192.168.1.** 554 both
Hikvision Server Port 8008 192.168.1.** 8000 both

The local port is whatever you you have made your NVR within the network. 192.168.1.something. Your router will be 192.168.1.1 for example.

Then once it's saved, go to www.canyouseeme.org, type in the port number and make sure that your ports can be seen.
Make sure that the ports in the NVR are set to the correct ports and follow the instructions on the videos to set-up the DDNS but using the address I suggested.

Chris