Help needed setting up HikVision DS-7608NI-E2/8P

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What Dave said, but I had to change my 8000 port to 8008 as my router had a USB server built in on port 8000.

Watch the videos. AGAIN! It's not so complicated.

Chris

PS

On your NVR the IPv4 Default gateway will be something like 192.168.1.1
and IPv4 Address 192.168.1.**

My router has an address of 10.1.1.1 so that's why it'll be different

Last edited by a moderator:

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all, I been trying to work it out for hours today, best part of the day. I'm a bit tired and exhausted now. Going to get some sleep and try it again in the morning. Thanks for the advice.

I tried forwarding port 8000, that did not work for neither the Phones App or the NVR web interface.

I want to be able to gain access to the web interface of the NVR while I'm away from home. Port 8000 would not to either.

I tried port 5000 and was able to use that to connect to the NVR web interface but it would not work on the IVMS4500 app on my phone.

Yes, I'm very confused. I can't work it out.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want to be able to gain access to the web interface of the NVR while I'm away from home. Port 8000 would not to either.
I'm sure theres a good reason, lol

But one step at a time, ignore the web interface for a while (put it back to the default 80)

8000 is the only port that the IVMS4500 app needs.

The trouble with teckie sh*t is that it can get in ones eyes :cool:

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The incoming port will most likely be the "Port range" box.
So you would have something like this:

Service name Port Range Local IP Local Port Protocol
Hikvision HTTP 8585 192.168.1.** 80 both
Hikvision RTSP 554 192.168.1.** 554 both
Hikvision Server Port 8008 192.168.1.** 8000 both

The local port is whatever you you have made your NVR within the network. 192.168.1.something. Your router will be 192.168.1.1 for example.

Then once it's saved, go to www.canyouseeme.org, type in the port number and make sure that your ports can be seen.
Make sure that the ports in the NVR are set to the correct ports and follow the instructions on the videos to set-up the DDNS but using the address I suggested.

Chris
Thanks Chris.

Your settings worked. I don't need to set a DDNS, My ip is permanent.

I have one more camera to install out the back, I can get onto now that this appears to be working as it should.
I never known you could set a separate port range to the local port on my router, I always presumed both had to be the same.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a couple other issues, but fairly minor compared to not having any access away from home.

I can not get the Alarm Push Notification to work on my Apps. I followed all the instructions to get this to work, but nothing will.
I want some kind of notification sent to my mobile phone when an motion is activated on two of my cameras. Front Door and Inside House.
I have 7 cameras installed.

My 2432 mounted inside the house will not display the substream on my NVR. For example if I view the camera on my app through the NVR it will only shown at full resolution. The Fluent and custom option is greyed out. Yet, if I view the camera configured on it's own and not through the NVR on the app I can select the substream.

Problem when I select to view the NVR on my Phones IVMS4500 App, all the cameras open except for the 2432 because it's at full resolution, whereby the others are on the substream. The 2432 struggles to open of 3G.

I hope you understand what I am typing. If not let me know and I will see if I can explain it better, It's a bit hard to explain.

I have also noticed when viewing the 2432 on the screen of the NVR that it's always displaying at 1920 x 1080 Whereby the other cameras are displaying much lower resolutions unless I display them a larger size on screen.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm keen on getting this setup, as I'm going away on holidays for some time at the end of the week.

I am contemplating on another method while I am away on holidays to monitor any activity at home. I installed a Western Digital 4TB Purple Hard Drive in my NVR. Thinking about setting this up to record continuously and using the services of a Cloud Service to monitor Motion, such as MangoCam.

I don't know how long of storage I can get out of my 4TB drive with 7 cams at 1920 x 1080. A month minimum would be nice. is this possible?

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks hereu.

The alarm notification on the phones app is a no go. What I have had success with is the email notifications.

There are a couple false alarm emails sent with no motion on them, I checked on NVR and there are no recordings for that time the emails where sent.

On a whole it's mostly accurate. It also emails 3 small images showing the motion. It's good enough for me.