HELP! NVR upgrade now no cameras

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all after about 6 months of looking i found firmware upgrade for my Hikvision NVR.
But now all my cameras are gone. They still have all their IP addreses etc and ive tried to PnP and manually add them but they won't add.
Is there anyone reputable on here that would be safe to remote access my PC to have a look at my settings?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully you were updating because the firmware was fixing a problem you had.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

If you do decide to update, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

Hopefully it is something simple like the resolution changed and you just need to get into the NVR via a webbrowser and downrez the resolution.

You may have to factory reset everything and start over.

@alastairstevenson is our resident Hik NVR figure outer, so hopefully some ideas or suggestions will appear.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was upgrading due to a new camera not connecting i think there was a firmware miss match. My NVR is genuine, some of my cameras are chinese. I can now see some cameras when i plug the NVR into my modem but can't workout how to get them into channels 1-8. They are in channels 9+.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to find a reset button on the cameras and get them back to factory. If there's no reset button you need to go in through the GUI for each camera and do the reset there. Either way will let the NVR reinitialize them to the channel structure it wants to see.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I solved it. My cameras ip was always 192.0.0.x and worked even though my modem ip is 192.168.0.x
I manually added them all under 192.168.0.x now they are working except one which now has a language conflict but its about 6 years old so time for a new camera.