Help on SD Card Recording on Dahua Cams

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any luck getting their Dahua Cams to manual record on local SD cards. I have IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cams. I have never been able just to do a manual continuous recording on them. I have installed Samsung Pro Endurance 100mb/s cards (128GB). I format and they start recording and a few hours later they are skipping, then long periods of erratic recording. I have resorted to an inexpensive NVR to do short term backup but would really like to have the cams recording working, My NVR shows no down time on cameras, just a skipped frame every so often (days).

I set my record control to overwrite and record mode to manual for the main stream. Destination is set to local SD card. Mainstream screen capture below. I have tried the latest firmware and it does not help.

settings.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well no interest in this issue, so I thought I would just report back of my findings. Well maybe I am expecting too much from the Dahua cameras. I have had some cameras reboot randomly a couple times a week and several blank frames per day on all my NVRs. Trying to record continually has not worked on any firmware version on cameras. Putting the fastest best SD cards in them did not help. So I turned off the recording completely on all cameras and now no cameras reboot randomly and I have no blank frames from any of the 9 cameras on my NVRs. Both NVRs are recording perfectly (knock knock on wood).

I will just run 2 NVRs for recording and give up on the cameras SD recording capability.

M

Last edited:

WoodenTop

n3wb
Reaction score
All my dahua cams act the same way. I set them to reboot daily which helps a little but I experience the same problems as you and like you, I just resorted to my old hikvision NVR.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. This would have be great to know before I purchased all new SD cards.

M