Help please: need external power supply for Hikvision ds-2de4582

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need an external 24v ? power supply for my Hik ds-2de4582 camera. I am out of POE ports so would like to find a power supply but the connection isn't one I'm familiar with (see photos). If anyone can tell me what I'd need to get this puppy powered up, and where to find it, I'd really be appreciative.20190714_151953.jpg 20190714_152020.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How about if you straighten out that white printed label so we can read it! I'm talking about the one on that 3-screw terminal block with the red, black and yellow wires.

FWIW, I'd consider a POE+ injector instead. :headbang:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I have several PTZ that required 24 v AC and they came with the transformer. Like TonyR said, read the tag and see if it says AC or DC.

It would be difficult to run POE with needing 24v ac. Depends on your power needs ( amps times volts). Cat 5 wire is thin so they step it up to 55 v for higher power needs POE+ etc. Red and black wires are usually DC. Let us know.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is 24v and a POE injector is a good idea so I think I'm going to go that route instead of finding a comparable connector. Thanks!!

Reaction score
That connector was designed for a stripped wire to be screwed into it. Not a connector. It IS the connector.

there are two cut wires currently attached-- orange and black.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, I looked up the model that the OP said it was BEFORE I made any suggestions and the specs here state verbatim "24VAC/POE+(802.3at), Max 20W ".

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious, if you knew the specs, why ask what the label says?
Why not ask? I've read incorrect specs before and would trust the label more.

Moreover, it was an attempt to help the OP understand that in order to better answer his question, a clear shot of the label would be a good idea; I asked that BEFORE I looked at the specs. I also asked because others read these posts and may be able to help him as well and may even have better info than me.

Like you, I'm "...just trying to help." :cool:

Last edited: