Help resetting Hikvision Turret IP cam without DHCP?

Ishaq Mir

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I already have 4 Hikvision turrets, which I bought brand new from official UK stock a few years ago.

Last week I bought 2 more of the exact same from eBay second hand but official UK stock.

However the seller has not reset the cams to factory and has not provided the password.

I can use the online password generator but the cams are not accessible on my network as they don’t have DHCP enabled.

I can see them on SADP and can tell they are not properly assigned an IP on my home network.

I can’t enable DHCP on them because I don’t have a password for them. I can’t reset the password because I can’t access the camera on the network?

any help appreciated...

I’ll send them back to the seller for full refund if I can’t get it sorted...

thanks

Ishaq Mir

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately nit as these turrets do not have a hard reset button? Unless I can open it up. They are not the ones with the memory card slot. The exact model number is:

DS-2CD2342WD

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread applies to your camera or not:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
...I can see them on SADP and can tell they are not properly assigned an IP on my home network.
Temporarily change the IP of your computer to the same subnet that the cams show and then try the password hack?

Ishaq Mir

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Temporarily change the IP of your computer to the same subnet that the cams show and then try the password hack?
hi Mike

could you elaborate a bit more in this... so the laptop that has SADP installed on it, change the ip of that?

the ip of the cam shown in SADP doesn’t work when I put it into the browser, assuming because cam has no dhcp enabled and hence that ip is out of range.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You can't access the IP of the cam because your computer and the cam are on different subnets.

Yes, temporarily change the IP of the computer to a different IP address within the same IP range as that of the cam. e.g., If the cam is on 192.168.1.108, change the IP of the computer to 192.168.1.x (whatever other last number).

Then try.

Ishaq Mir

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
great,
You can't access the IP of the cam because your computer and the cam are on different subnets.

Yes, temporarily change the IP of the computer to a different IP address within the same IP range as that of the cam. e.g., If the cam is on 192.168.1.108, change the IP of the computer to 192.168.1.x (whatever other last number).

Then try.
great, thanks.

tge seller has got back to me saying they because the cams are pre-config I shouldn’t be attaching them to my network. Instead, directly to the laptop via Ethernet. Problem with that is I’ll have to find a power supply for the cam as won’t be using POE.

will your method only work with direct connection to laptop? Or ok to keep it on network? I guess if I keep it on network and change the laptop ip it will disconnect from my network and won’t find any cams?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It won't find your other cams but you're just changing temporarily. Change it. Access the new cam. Change the IP of the new cam to be on your usual subnet. Change computer back.