Help setting up dahua nvr - PC

Reaction score
I trying to connect my NVR to my monitor says "out of range".
Then, I try connect my NVR to Laptop, and I installed "SmartPPS".
Says find a device at 172.16.1.5, but in setting area the program says "failed to get tcp/ip information etc...
Also cant see any camera picture.

My network address is default or I try 192.168.1.1, etc, no luck. How ca nI config my device??
Any reset solution (try to remove the batterry but I cant...
Whats wrong?

4108-8p-4ks2 poe nvr..

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I trying to connect my NVR to my monitor says "out of range".
Then, I try connect my NVR to Laptop, and I installed "SmartPPS".
Says find a device at 172.16.1.5, but in setting area the program says "failed to get tcp/ip information etc...
Also cant see any camera picture.

My network address is default or I try 192.168.1.1, etc, no luck. How ca nI config my device??
Any reset solution (try to remove the batterry but I cant...
Whats wrong?

4108-8p-4ks2 poe nvr..
Don't know your monitor specs. Give it a try with a tv. Did you try the 192.168.1.108? Iirc it uses this address as well. Be sure no cam is on your network with default IP at the same time, otherwise they would conflict each other. Connect your cams to the PoE ports and the LAN port of your NVR to your router or switch of you LAN.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Setup ---> System --display, change your display to a lower resolution. That will fix the Monitor out of range issue. You will have to log on with a Newer Laptop or PC to do this.
settings.jpg

Reaction score
Well yes, I have an old LCD with analog plug only. I just buy a newer (fullhd :D ) monitor with HDMI and it works now... New camera set need a new monitor! :)
I just finished the install, I buyed the items from Empiretecandy with EU noTaxWay, I would like to thank her for fast shipping, thanks Andy!

One more question: in the remote web service.., it is possible saving the stream settings, remebering the last setting? Because if I logged in, I always need clicking to enable the stream1 forexample... the master stream too high, very slow.
My wife want check my cam, but It's complicated for her. ;)

Attachments

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
go to setup, then camera, then encode. You can change the bit rate and frame rate through the nvr, only if they are Dahua cameras. If the cameras are any other manufacturer, you need to change the stream settings through the web service of the camera. You can also change the stream in the mobil app to stream either main or sub-stream. This setting is in the device manager of that particular device, like when the device is first added.