Help setting up VPN on iPhone and router?

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am seeking some help from any of the experts on this site. I am not experienced with much in the way of computer networking etc. I have an LTS 8 channel POE NVR that is up and running with seven Hik and LTS cameras on it. I have been able to do just about everything I want to do with this system with the exception of being able to view it while away from my home network. I can access all of the cameras when I am on my home network. I have a Netgear wireless Router model # AC1750 R6400 that says it supports open VPN and a new iPhone that has an option in settings to set up a VPN. I have searched this topic online and can find quite a bit of information but nothing that really gives me a step by step through doing this properly. If there is anyone here that can dumb this down and try to help walk me through this it would be greatly appreciated.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See if this helps, he says it dont work on ios/android and that is not true.. you have to downlaod the OpenVPN apps from the ios/play store and configure them like he does his Windows Client.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you both I am going to give it a try this weekend when I get some time. I think that in theory it does not look that difficult but it is all totally new to me. The whole client server thing is totally new to me, but hey I am an old guy what do I know? Probably would take some twenty something about ten minutes right! Anyway thanks, I will keep you posted.