help, suggestions and recommendations for a camera to replace 2 possibly 4 HIK DS-2CD4324FWD-IZHS8

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Two years ago we had a security camera system installed; a complete HIK Vision system, NVR - DS-9632NI-ST with 30 assorted HIK cameras.

The HIK DS-2CD4324FWD-IZHS8 cameras are pointed and recording our entrance / exit driveways.

We are a car dealership and if need be we need to be able to read license plates at any given time from these cameras. Sometimes we might get a readable view but most times they're blurry / fuzzy.

The four in question are located at different distances from the drives they cover:
1. 75 feet
2. 125 feet
3. 190 feet
4. 365 feet

I upgraded the firmware on 1,2 and 3; #3 didn't go well, it no longer connects to our NVR and I lost some of my field of view(to get it to focus, I have to change my zoom level which changes my field of view). I can't see most of the drive any longer.
Also, the only way I can connect to it is view web or SADP hooked straight to the camera network switch.

I thinking possibly that camera 1 & 2 need fine tuning because the distance isn't all that far.?? Not sure.

Cameras 3 & 4 should get replaced with something better because of distance(#4 for sure, since the firmware update).

Can anyone suggest a camera(s) that would give me good clear pics of license plates day and night(hopefully) and also integrate in our HIK NVR recording. I'll try to attach pic of our lot layout.

Attachments

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is a snapshot from camera #4 before the firmware update.

As you can see reading license plates is pretty much impossible at 190ft. I have a closer view of the same car and it's still unreadable.

Attachments