help to circumvent shadow triggering

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've tried a variety of settings in BI to try and circumvent triggers from occurring when the tree shadows start moving due to wind.
I would appreciate any tips that anyone can offer in fine tuning my settings to not record tree shadows vs someone (or something) moving about 10' in the video field as shown below. Would appreciate knowing if your tips are based on a similar situation and if it works well for you.shadows.PNG

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you seen the Motion Detection tutorial video on this page?
Blue Iris Video Tutorials

Playing around with the "object moves a minimum number of pixels" setting filtered out a lot of tree branches during his video.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look at it. I've see a variety of things in all of the forums but nothing so far has really helped me.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think a combination of "object moves a minimum number of pixels" and making three different zones and using zone crossing could probably reduce it a lot! He demonstrates both in the video.

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great, I will watch now. I've never been able to get the "object moves a minimum number of pixels" correct to distinguish the difference between a bug flying across the fov vs a dog/man traipsing across the fov...