Help to stop false notifications

circutz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have dmss set to override my do not disturb on my phone, that way I can be alerted overnight if the cameras see anyone. I have one camera that constantly goes off what what i assume is just reflections from cars going by. Is there a setting I can put on to stop that? I still want the camera to alert me if it sees a person, just not for these instances. It's significantly worse and more frequent on rainy nights. I have included some pics and videos for reference. Thank you

Camera: IPC-HDW2431TP-ZS

Attachments

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Turn off SMD and just use IVS rules if you haven't done it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, when that concrete is wet and sloped like that, the reflections look a whole lot like the car passing. Good enough to fool the AI

circutz

n3wb
Reaction score
Move your line further from the sidewalk.
I have, but the reflections run high sometimes. I was hoping there might be some setting they the object has to stay in view over "x" amount of time, but haven't seen anything. So I just put the line back to the curb line because I don't want to miss if a person walks in

Yeah, when that concrete is wet and sloped like that, the reflections look a whole lot like the car passing. Good enough to fool the AI
Yeah it's one of my only gripes. Is it partially because it's an older camera? Do newer ones have better technology to combat that? Or is it an issue that dahuas/other ip cams have in general?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the 5442 and the 4K-X and T are improved over the lower models, but I don’t have actual testing to prove that. I think you just have a perfect storm scene with the slope of the drive and the wet conditions.

One thing I would have done from the start is to pull the intrusion zone you made from tripwires, in from the curb and drawn zig zag lines maybe 2-3 with the “V” ending at the curb.

Let me find an example

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's what I mean

Make the points of the zig zag be your touch points for the furthest activation. It reduces the area significantly but still picks up people.

IVS-zigzag1.jpg