help understanding a few settings

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've recently started using 3 of my Dahua cameras IVS features to record on a local SD card (in addition to BI recordings).
However, in the past few years I've always let BI do the heavy work of motion detect, filtering and trigger recording.
I've decided to use some SD cards in my Dahua cams and use them as a supplement to BI by having a different trigger mechanism (IVS) and additional storage (SD cards in each cam).
I'm fairly new at understanding the terminology of the Dahua config settings and could use some help in understanding what I've not been able to find online or through manuals.
I've come across lots of definitions of these settings but I haven't been able to find enough info to know and understand how to use some of these settings.
I realize some of these config settings may have an equivalent in BI that I'm familiar with but I've not yet been able to correlate any of them. Lots of info out there but none that is clicking with me yet. Please be kind.
I've attached a photo of my SD49225T-HN camera to reference these questions... All of the Dahua cams are also working in BI as well.

What is the record delay and how is it used?
What is the relay out - when would I use that?

IVS settings.png

If I only want to use IVS tripwire and intrusion detection on previous screen, do I still need to turn on Motion Detection here or can I leave off so just IVS triggering is working?
Again, what is the record delay and alarm delay mean. Any practical examples would help.

Video detection.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
See this thread

And no on MD. If you’re using IVS, no need for MD. Two separate functions. They can be enabled simultaneously, but I use IVS only on 90% of my cameras.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See this thread

And no on MD. If you’re using IVS, no need for MD. Two separate functions. They can be enabled simultaneously, but I use IVS only on 90% of my cameras.
Ahhh, that is good to know. I suspected that I could use one or the other or both. Having MD on creates a lot of false negatives (leaves, bugs, tree shadows). Just using IVS cuts down on this a LOT.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
See this thread

Thanks so much for the link! I always wondered what ANR was and now I know. Very important little feature.