Help viewing dahua ptz on hik nvr

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got a SD49225T-HN from Andy and am having some trouble viewing it on my hik 8716. I am able to view and config the camera by it's IP address but cant get it to show up on my NVR. Any suggestions? Let me know if more information is needed, thanks!

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Narrowing down the problem, when I try to change the IP address in the camera to match the ip that my nvr wants (192.168.180.11), it gives me an error because my default gateway is 192.168.1.1. The subnet is the same as well as the DNS servers (though I believe that is irrelevant). I changed the cameras password on the camera as well as in camera settings on the nvr. Capture.GIF Capture1.GIF Capture2.GIF

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is another configuration I tried based off of other ipcams that are already onlineCapture3.GIF

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just spit balling as I have very little experience with NVR's, and it's not clear what each picture is of?
What if you used the NVR's IP address as the gateway?

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, first picture is the NVR settings. Second picture are the stock network settings on the new dahua ptz. The third picture are the network settings of an existing camera on the NVR. The fourth picture are the settings I tried on the dahua ptz which didn't work.

I had that thought too but I don't want to risk changing the default gateway and locking myself out of the camera.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I gave in and set the default gateway to that of my NVR with no luck. I keep getting an error message, "the ip address and default gateway are not in the same network segment" @nayr can you weigh in please?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if this is solved for you yet, but on my 7716 NVR, I can add it on ONVIF no problem with full PTZ controls on the HIk NVR, however on the older 7108 NVR, i can only add it via RTSP 554.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to add not sure wtf I did, but now one of the two work on the 7108 via onvif.

Only difference between the two cameras are 1 uses dahua firmware, and the other uses generic dahua firmware (no dahua mentioned inside the firmware)

**edit* Holy crap, i figured it out. I donwloaded ONVIF Device manager and created a seperate userID under there on the camera (different from the webgui pw). Just to be clear, I also setup the IP to be static on the same subnet.

Anyways, added it manually on the hik NVR, using port 80, the IP i gave the camera, and my newly created userID and password. Selected ONVIF on the list, hit OK to save and it picked it up. GOT THE PTZ CONTROLS via ivms!!! so happy.