Help with DS-2CD2032F-IW

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
First of all, I appreciate everyone's time that decides to help me out on this forum in advance.

I've read through some posts, but I can't get any of the procedures to work for me.

I have this IP cam and it worked fine out of the box, however, I attempted to upgrade the firmware on the camera and I'm sure you can guess what happened next, pretty expensive paperweight, and not even effective as that because it rolls away :)

I have attempted to use the tftp process to revert the camera back but no go. I attempted to load the firmware
DS-2CD2x12,2x32 IP camera firmware v5.3.0_150513 from the hikvision website.

When I connect the camera to a switch and connect my PC with IP 192.0.0.128 and start a ping to 192.0.0.64, open the TFTP loader as instructed, I turn the camera on, I get about 3 pings and then the camera just reboots itself seemingly.

I think that's all the details to include.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest this seriously and not to troll you or to be a jerk: I would suggest that you throw the camera out, or send it to Alastair in Scotland as a gift. You will most likely have to spend hours upon hour to resurrect it. Unless you like projects such as this, or your time has little value to you, I suggest that you give up now and consider it a lesson learned.

/peace

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
I suggest this seriously and not to troll you or to be a jerk: I would suggest that you throw the camera out, or send it to Alastair in Scotland as a gift. You will most likely have to spend hours upon hour to resurrect it. Unless you like projects such as this, or your time has little value to you, I suggest that you give up now and consider it a lesson learned.

/peace
Thanks for the reply. I have a feeling that in the end, I may not be able to resurrect it. However, I would like to try and troubleshoot it and maybe there is a chance to get it going. There might be some value to other on this forum that might run into the same problem.

Any troubleshooting steps are appreciated.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There's plenty of threads on the forum about this. Is it just worth your time?

Were was the camera purchased? My guess is that it is a chinese camera and it got messed up when trying to use the international firmware. If you feel like fixing it, you have enough information on the forum to do so.

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
There's plenty of threads on the forum about this. Is it just worth your time?

Were was the camera purchased? My guess is that it is a chinese camera and it got messed up when trying to use the international firmware. If you feel like fixing it, you have enough information on the forum to do so.
I appreciate your reply... Are there specific threads that you can point me towards?

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's help with this. I used a different computer and was able to run the 5.3 to 5.2.5 downgrade tool. I think it finished the downgrade, this was the output from the TFTP program.

[2016-08-06 10:55:29] TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized

[2016-08-06 10:56:14] Device[192.0.0.64] test tftpserver

[2016-08-06 10:56:22] Connect client[192.0.0.64] success

[2016-08-06 10:56:22] Start file[C:\***\digicap.dav] transmitting

[2016-08-06 10:57:10] Completed file[C:\***\digicap.dav] transmit

Now I can see the camera using the SADP tool, but I can't change the IP address of the camera or enable DHCP. It is saying that the IP address is 192.168.1.64.
I also tried setting my IP to 192.168.1.x and I am able to ping the camera without issues, but I can't get to the web interface.

EDIT:
Adding to the above..
When I use the SADP tool to change the IP address, i just the the Time out message when I click modify. I also tried the password reset tool, but could not get the code to work.

EDIT 2:
I have tried various different passwords that I've found on this site, 12345, abc12345, 123456789abc, etc

Can anyone point me in the direction of next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I can see the camera using the SADP tool
What version of firmware does SADP show that the camera is running?
If it's 4.0.8 that's the 'min-system' recovery mode that the camera uses when incompatible firmware has been loaded. This mode has no web services, so no GUI access or HTTP port.
If so, it may also mention 'min-system' in the serial number.

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
What version of firmware does SADP show that the camera is running?
If it's 4.0.8 that's the 'min-system' recovery mode that the camera uses when incompatible firmware has been loaded. This mode has no web services, so no GUI access or HTTP port.
If so, it may also mention 'min-system' in the serial number.
Yes, it says 4.0.8. build 150401
does anyone have the correct, working firmware for the DS-2CD2032F-IW model camera?

thank you all for the troubleshooting help

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You might just have to change the language flag of the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' firmware header with Hiktools, the error may be a firmware header language mismatch.

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
You might just have to change the language flag of the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' firmware header with Hiktools, the error may be a firmware header language mismatch.
thanks for your reply. the firmware was already set to lang 2, which is CN. I changed it to 1, reloaded it and got the endless loop. changed the language back to 2, camera is staying on, but still can't get to web ui.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask if it was the 1-line or 4-line 'downgrader' you tried.
The 4-line version doesn't always work OK.

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot to ask if it was the 1-line or 4-line 'downgrader' you tried.
The 4-line version doesn't always work OK.
I used both. The difference is that the 4 line actual displayed the completed message in the tftp program but the behavior was the same after that... Can ping 192.168.1.64 but can't change any settings and can't get to the web ui

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Worth checking is if telnet access is available at that IP address, if so, log on as root with your admin password and use 'dmesg' or 'cat /proc/kmsg' to grab a copy of the system log.

bmatic586

n3wb
Reaction score
Worth checking is if telnet access is available at that IP address, if so, log on as root with your admin password and use 'dmesg' or 'cat /proc/kmsg' to grab a copy of the system log.
no go on telnet access. i can still see the camera in sadp with the 192.168 address and I can ping it fine, but still no web ui access