Help with DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 camera

tgs901

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 camera cheap in a thrift store and am trying to get it working. I have sucessfully changed the admin password in SADP with help from HIKvision. The camera shows up as online in IVMS-4200. However I can't get any video to display. When I go to the ip address in chrome, it wants me to sign in, which I can do and displays a screen that looks like it is for direct view. But I get a message to download and install the pllugin "WebComponents.exe" I have done this multiple times but the Live View screen is still blank and it still wants me to install the WebComponents app.
Any ideas on how to get this working? I'm a noob to this system, so point me in the right direction if I'm not doing something right.
Thank you

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I doubt you will be able to see video using Chrome or Edge. Try using Internet Explorer.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But I get a message to download and install the pllugin "WebComponents.exe" I have done this multiple times but the Live View screen is still blank and it still wants me to install the WebComponents app.
The firmware running on the camera requires that you use IE11 with the webcomponents plugin installed in order to see the video.
You can do some configuration, but not see video, using other browsers.
IE11 still exists in Win10 - just not very obvious.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is the extension. Simply install it and it opens up like another chrome window