help with DuhuaSunriseSunset application

idiskjock

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't seem to get this to work. The long and lat values are good and i see the correct hours for the profiles to switch. However, i can't get the cameras added. Host name and port, i am using the NVR IP address and the port, zoom and focus left blank, username and password are what i use to configure my NVR, i clicked the use https. When i click simulate day/night, the error log shows:

1/21/2018 TriggerSunsetActions
-------------
Exception thrown at 1/21/2018
System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
at DahuaSunriseSunset.ServiceWrapper.<>c.<TriggerSunsetActions>b__8_0(CameraDefinition cam)

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try to put Camera IP address instead of nvr ip

idiskjock

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried that and this is what i am seeing in the error log:

Exception thrown at 1/21/2018
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond (camera's IP/Port)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
at DahuaSunriseSunset.ServiceWrapper.<>c.<TriggerSunsetActions>b__8_0(CameraDefinition cam)

idiskjock

n3wb
Reaction score
The error sounds like its not finding my cameras. Is there a setting that i need to configure on the camera itself? The cameras are connected to an NVR, which the NVR is connected to a router

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does your NVR has POE build in ?
Can you ping your camera from your pc ?

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try to plug the pc where your DuhuaSunriseSunset application is running into one of the nvr POE port to get into the same network range

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you can access your cameras --direct-- via their individual IP's, this won't work in your case.
It won't work going through the NVR's IP.

idiskjock

n3wb
Reaction score
try to plug the pc where your DuhuaSunriseSunset application is running into one of the nvr POE port to get into the same network range
This works once i have my PC plugged into the NVR. Thanks.

Since my PC isnt close to my NVR, is there a way for me to connect to the cameras IP without plugging into the NVR?