Help with Empire Tech IPC-B5442E-Z4E

TonyK1321

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed this camera based on recommendations here as a replacement for my Hikvision varifocus camera. It seems to work OK, with a good pic and zoom. But after I set up the motion detect zones, and changed the IP address in my QNAP NAS running QVR Plus, I do not get motion alerts displayed in QVR. The Hikvision worked before I replaced it, as well as the other cameras that I have, so I suspect the issue is my setup with the Empire Tech camera. Maybe it's because the QNAP does not have a listing for an Empire Tech camera. so I selected a random Dahua camera, and that gives me video. But no motion alert. I did enable the Alarm output but that might only be for the relay and not to inform the NAS. Any ideas what I need to do to get the camera to output alarms to the NAS? What Dahua camera would most likely be similar to the Empire Tech camera?

Update: I think I figured it out. It was not the camera, it was the NAS. I finally decided to delete the old camera settings, and add a new one for a Dahua camera, and now it seems to work.

Last edited: