Help with figuring out what nvr and more.

Killerjay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, seems like you guys know what youre talking about with this unit, maybe you guys can help answer a few questions about the DS-7608NI-E2.
I was looking on aliexpress at some cameras and noticed that 4mp cams go at h265. Which i want because the substream is at 720p. But will it work on this nvr?
Full HD Motion Detection alarm metal ONVIF H.265 Security IP Camera 2MP 3MP 4MP Outdoor P2P Waterproof Vandalproof CCTV Camera -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I was looking at the 4mp 48v poe camera. I wanted to buy 6 of these cameras and set them all on 4mp so i can then stream them to multiple devices in my house through the android app "tinycam monitor pro"
I see that this nvr supports up to 5mp but everywhere i look 4mp and up seem to be h265. So im confused.
Also, would i be able to record all 6 cams at 4mp? I see that it says in the specs 6 channels at 1080p, does that mean that this is the highest resolution it can record at? If thats the case, can it record at 1080p but keep the 4mp setting so i can still stream at 720p?
So sorry for the long post, just have so many questions and its hard to find correct answers.