Help with ftp please guys?

Reaction score
Hi - i recently purchased a couple of these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HY-P2P-IP-Camera-720P-HD-Wifi-Wireless-Monitor-Security-Camera-Home-Protection-IP-Camera-TF/32403298004.html?spm=2114.40010608.4.2.wsZBdN

They work pretty well for what i want so i tried to set up the ftp - thats where i have been struggling. I have an ftp server (usb stick on my router) and i can read and write to this through filezilla remotely, but everytime I try to get my camera to upload on an alarm trigger it just says 'unknown error'.

If i can read and write to the ftp then i assume permissions are correct?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

rogerwilco

n3wb
Reaction score
In my router, ftp not directly opens to write-permitted directory, but to root. If camera Ftp setup page dont allow setting of initial working directory also, you can't write anything to default directory, "root".

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your going to have to get your FTP server to show you logs of client activity to do any troubleshooting on this..

also beware that with FTP you have to manage clearing out old recordings on your own, the cameras dont know how much free space there is and will gladly fill that sucker until it fails.

try setitng up a FTP server elsewhere on your network and see if you can get it to work, putting it on a thumb drive on your router seems like a poor method thats not going to work well.

I use FTP exclusively for storage, simple and efficient.