Help with getting GV-BL5310 working with BI

tpwireit

n3wb
Reaction score
Had many successful BI installations in the past , I have mainly used Hikvision cameras without an issue. Due to the requirements of the customer they wanted a 5MP Geovision GV-BL5310. I have tried every trick and quadruple checked every setting and for the life of me cant get this to work with BI. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What camera are you using from the drop down...check the manual and see if they have the rtsp stream so you can enter it manually...

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had many successful BI installations in the past , I have mainly used Hikvision cameras without an issue. Due to the requirements of the customer they wanted a 5MP Geovision GV-BL5310. I have tried every trick and quadruple checked every setting and for the life of me cant get this to work with BI. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
I own a GeoVision GV Hybrid LPR Cam 10m and have it working with Blue Iris. I had to go into the camera software settings and enable RTSP. It turns out that it uses Port 8554. Once I pointed Blue Iris to that port, the camera video worked.

I am not pleased with this camera though. I really think I spent $800 on a lower end product and should have purchased a higher quality device.