Help with Hikvision camera. Out of ideas...

istreich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 2CD2732 and have had no luck with the FTFP fix. But to be honest, I am not 100% sure what my problem is. About a year ago, I remember trying to upgrade the firmware and thought I bricked the camera. It had some strange behaviors (don't remember). Anyway, today it comes on and off intermittently with some strange image. I have attached pic. I am completely lost on what the problem can be and what I can do about it. That specific camera was bought via NewEgg marketplace from a chinese vendor.
I have tried multiple cables and ports on my POE switch with no luck.

I have a second one, identical but to which I did nothing and it works fine.
Thanks a lot for any help you may bring!

Attachments

istreich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using BI. but also tried to connect via SADP and direct IP address with no luck. Very strange...
IP address times out. SADP does not see camera. Blue Iris seems to record intermittently some signal. I have attached a couple of recent pics that shows what has been recorded. Really strange... most of the time, I would see the "no signal" page. See attached. But I also know a few minutes or hours a day (can't say), there is some signal and it gets recorded in Blue Iris - see attached couple of examples.
Honestly have no clue what is going on!!!

Attachments

istreich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No reset button and maybe on firmware. Looking for a way to flash it but no success with TFTP and no access via SADP and Ip address

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have a dome camera and the reset button is on the inside of the case.

In case you're not familiar with the reset procedure: 1. Unplug the camera from the POE port; 2. Press and hold the reset button; 3. Plug camera back into the POE port while holding the reset button; 4. release the reset button after about 10-30 seconds. The camera should be reset to the factory default.