Help with hikvision install

m-v-b

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys

I've bought a hikvision 7600 nvr, and 4 poe ip cameras, again all hikvision.

After powering up the nvr, going through the setup, and connecting the 4 cameras, I was able to get them all to display, I used the unit for about a week, until I realised that I couldn't access the nvr remotely.

There was a conflict on the network with something else, so I did a factory reset on the nvr, got it to go online, however since then the cameras won't connect.

They all show as being disconnected in the camera setting menu, all cameras now have an error symbol, yellow triangle with an exclamation mark.

I've realised now if I connect a brand new camera to the system, that camera works, however connecting the original cameras gives the same problem.

I have tried using sadp, the cameras are all shown as active here.

When I originally got the cameras, I don't recall having to initialise them at all, they simply worked plug and play.

The camera software versions are all above 5.5.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Once the cameras have been connected to an nvr, the nvr configures them.

In theory, if you've used the same login credentials after reseting your nvr they should just connect again.

If you log in to the nvr, it should show the specific error on the camera screen, eg invalid password, network error etc.