Help with Hikvision NVR choice

Reaction score
My setup will include a combination of five (expandable to maybe 6 in the future) Hikvision bullet and dome 3mp cameras for the outdoors. I see that AliExpress has great prices from the reputable sellers everyone recommends but also creates a problem of product numbers that I can't find information about.

I am looking for the following features:
Wired POE 8 ports
Remote Access: iOs access (iVMS) both on local and external network
HDMI out to HDMI switch and view all cameras at once on a 1080p tv
Recording 1080p all cameras
Rackmountable a PLUS

DS-7108 Network
Aliexpress.com : Buy Hikvision NVR network NVR DS 7108N SN/P 8 CH * 1080P POE NVR Hikvision recorder from Reliable dvr names suppliers on CSST wholesale market
Attracted because of price on AliExpress. Similar price to others but free shipping due to weight and size.
I can only record in 2MP (equivalent to 1080p)
Does this support recording of 6 cameras at 1080p?
It has only 1 SATA port (not a big problem)
Can I view all 6 cameras via HDMI out?
iVMS 4500 support?
Can I configure via iVMS desktop client?
I understand that configuration is an issue. What issues have users ran into?
My understanding is that I can't configure cameras individually but will have to plug into the POE side of the switch.

DS-7608 Network
Aliexpress.com : Buy Hikvision NVR 8CH Plug & Play 8CH PoE Up to 6MP Onvif Project level Network video recorder from Reliable video card for sale suppliers on CCTV CAMERA CHINA | Alibaba Group
2 SATA port = up to 8 TB storage
Record in higher bitrate: up to 6mp. Is this necessary? Will need massive amounts of storage
Are there issues setting up the cameras here?
Can I record all 6 cameras at 1080p?
Comes with rack ears for a clean installation

DS-7808 Network
Aliexpress.com : Buy 2014 Hikvision NVR 8CH Plug & Play 8CH PoE Up to 6MP Onvif Family level Network video recorder from Reliable video recorder sd suppliers on CCTV CAMERA CHINA
5mp recording vs 6 mp recording
My understanding is that this is the same last the DS-76 model but for the international market.
Does this have any additional features or less features than the DS-76?

I also hear that not all POE ports can power 8 cameras. Is this true or is it just a faulty model?
I am willing to go with the DS-71 series because of the price and it does not seem to sacrifice on any of the features I mentioned. Before I make a decision, I want to get your input to see if I missed anything.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here contact the member MILKISBAD he is state side and sells this stuff and from looking at the same price if not a bit more but atlas your not dealing with over seas and customers with long delivery times

Adding I don't like any seller that WILL NOT post FPS on their selling pages along with red flags that say UP TO 3mp.

If you want to recording 6 cameras in 1080p you need to know the FPS.

divide the FPS by the number of cameras which tells you how many FPS you can record each camera

Last edited by a moderator:

lecuong

n3wb
Reaction score
help me.
V3.0.7 Build 140.725 Version: Hikvision DS-7104N-SN